You're a proper commuting cyclist when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Tynan said:
done a whole year with no concession to the weather other than ice

Done a whole year with no concession, not even to the ice.

My proof...
DSC02192-1.jpg

Thats the result of cycling to work....not the bike left in the garden overnight.
They thought i'd gone too far that day...must admit, it was the hardest commute i'd ever done. I was cream crackered, just trying to ride in a straight line and fighting against the snow continually building up everwhere :sad:

biking_fox

Guru
You get to race* against Lambourgini's and Ferraris some days ..... and you normally win.

* hey commuter racing counts even against cars that are stuck behind the bus for a mile. I tried drafting the Lambourgini on Friday but the things way too low, it doesn't get any higher than my front wheel, so I undertook it and just rode off.

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
I'm with you on the tights thing! I'm supposed to take mine off the moment I get in and put my jeans on but the "moment" seems to last longer and longer most evenings!

They are v.comfy indeed!!! From a woman's point of view though I have to say they are not v.flattering in the arse dept!!!:sad:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
the reluctant cyclist said:
They are v.comfy indeed!!! From a woman's point of view though I have to say they are not v.flattering in the arse dept!!!:sad:

Oh I don't know about that. I have seen some delightful lycra clad female derrières. All depends on the fitting.

With regards to wearing them I actually have mine on under my jeans, but then I am going out for a ride in a few hours (although I did get dressed at 7:00am:blush::biggrin::blush::smile:)

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
When you grip the steering wheel and wonder why the car won't stop.

When you make hand signals when behind teh wheel of the car that are NOT comments on others driving abilities.

When you try putting 60 PSI into your car tyres

Goffins

When you get funny looks while you're stealing milk from the tea & coffee service to add to your individual sachets of porridge that you keep in your draw.

Plax

Guru
Goffins said:
When you get funny looks while you're stealing milk from the tea & coffee service to add to your individual sachets of porridge that you keep in your draw.

Crickey, you mean those little UHT pots, how many of them would it take to make a bowl or porridge I wonder. Or are you pilfering the actual contents of milk jug at breakfast?

Goffins

No, that would be stupid, funny but stupid.
We have a contraption that they put a giant cardboard box of milk inside, you push your cup against the lever and milk pours out.

It's almost like magic.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
When you turn a stationary/storage cupboard into a wardrobe and have a pair of 'work slippers' so you dont have to wear your SPD's all day.

redjedi

Über Member
When you don't mind turning up for work 45 mins early, so you can cool down, have a shower and breakfast and still be at your desk for 9am.

Top Bottom