You're a proper commuting cyclist when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garrilla

janm399 said:
You have Wiggle boxes around your desk at work; and you can eat the free sweets they drop in without feeling guilty.

P.S. My last Wiggle order arrived *without* the chewy sweets. Grr!

You want to complain about the sweets my friend, I just got new pedals delivered and I got my haribou! :biggrin:

yenrod

Your asked respeatedly by everybody and the dog - 'not on the bike today' - if you get to work without a bike.

Can you imagine saying that to car drivers !

thomas

the tank engine
Sh4rkyBloke said:
When you get in the car and wonder why your SPDs aren't clipping in to the accelerator...

TIP: Never try driving with SPDs in your shoes. Only turning the car around in my road, but I couldn't bring the clutch up without stalling because the SPD got caught ;)

Bollo said:
...you spend most of your work time on CC.

dumdeedumm deed um

andrew-the-tortoise said:
Go checking your bike at lunchtime for slow punctures...

...or to make sure it's still there.

also, when you're hungry all day!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
When you arrive at a training course and find that you were the only on who had cycled in. It was wonderful to see how embarrass the others looked when they had to admit to driving in, it was a cycling instructors training course...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Even better.....

You joyfully email all your ex. colleagues that you cycled in the horrendous wind....

It took them hours, me...a couple of minutes longer......

Believe you me the comments were like 'superman fossy' etc..... they nearly fell off their chairs...ha..ha... :sad:

Unfortunately, where I work now, that is my norm.....only if icy can I maybe get away with it....one or two of the slower folk manage it though.........:ohmy:

Im a proper commuting cyclist as im just about ready to leave for today's commute.

P.S This morning's return at 2am was all blood and thunder.:tongue:

dudi

you're a proper commuting cyclist when:
- You keep your water bottle on your desk constantly sipping water instead of gulping coffee...
- You have your own bathroom in the morning that people know not to use until they've seen proof that you're fully dressed. :tongue:

Top Bottom