You're a proper commuting cyclist when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
HLaB said:
Our Admin staff have posed that question why when I cycle to work and look fit, do I take the lift?

i have two answers for this:

(1) i deserve to take the lift as i have already done my workout

(2) there are posters around our place that state "taking the stairs is officially recognised as a sport". Well, it's not MY sport. MY sport is cycling :biggrin: (what tosh anyway, if it was a sport there would be prizes and leagues and such... i think it only officially recognised as exercise)

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
HLaB said:
Our Admin staff have posed that question why when I cycle to work and look fit, do I take the lift?

I always find the hardest part of my commute is when get home and have to carry the bike to the third floor...:biggrin:

Crankarm

Guru
When eating lunch in the canteen colleagues tell you that if they as so much look at your plateful of food they will put on weight.

Or they ask how far you cycle to work, what everyday, how long it takes. Then pause. Then say that you must be fit then.

Or you are all dressed up in your gear ready to go home they say crikey you're bright, no chance of some one missing you. You reply that you would have thought that no one could hit you in such hi viz but there is no accounting for the judgement of some motorists

Or a colleague says "I think I saw you cycling to work today, did you see me? I was going to blow my horn but didn't as you were looking as if you were really concentrating."

Or "Oh look, it's pouring with rain outside. Some one is going to get very wet this evening."

A 17 stone colleague tells you (s)he used to cycle everywhere and to work, but not now as where they moved would mean cycling on busy and dangerous roads and 6 miles is too far.

Or a colleague says they have a bother/sister/son/daughter who is a proper cyclist who cycles everywhere.

Or an overweight heart attack candidate colleague says they would cycle but for the fact that it would make them out of breath hot and sweaty.

Or they tell you they would cycle but there simply isn't time as they are too busy. They drive to the gym straight after work. They prefer using a cycle machine in a gym.

Sitting in your works canteen eating your home prepared cycling lunch your unhealthy colleagues frequently bore you with their own gym exercise regimes and their 'healthy' eating whilst tucking into a rubberised burger and pale bap dripping fat into a plate of soggy chips in gravy.

But best of all you know when you are a proper cyclist when kids race you on their BMXs and mountain bikes with howls of laughter from their mates.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
When due to nearly getting killed every time you cycle home by ass hat lorry drivers you plan a longer safer route and call it training :biggrin:

gbb

Legendary Member
When a female colleague says to you (after telling her you had a kebab last night)...'oooh, i thought you were a super fit guy...i thought you might even be a veggie'

Huh :tongue::wacko:...i'm not averse to a bit of self abuse you know.

Losidan

therams said:
When someone you say hello to everyday, is known by your work mates as "the other bloke who uses the shower"
I said hi as I walked past a dude in the corridor the other week as myself and a colleague were walking back to our office...Who is that?
Oh, just someone I know from the shower room...I've still not head the last of it:blush::biggrin:

Top Bottom