You're a proper commuting cyclist when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
Morrisette said:
When, as a female in an office full of girls, you don't know the calorie content of a chocolate biscuit, and what's more, Don't care!

So true!

1. When the tube drivers call a strike you don't care.
2. When you're head of a company cycling network that has 76 members.
3. When a colleague sidles up, asks if cyclings how you lost all that weight, gets a bike trains alone for two months then asks you to help her cycle in because 'you're really good at it'.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Welcome Josie! Nice handbag... ;)

blxm

... people no longer ask if you cycled in to work today making little circular motions with their index fingers because they're sick of you asking them if they drove in while you make baboon-like steering wheel motions back at them.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
....Metcheck is one of your most visited web-sites, and you know instinctively that papers blown onto the floor from your open window means a tough ride home tonight.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Tony B said:
I didn't know you worked in my office?

My boss didn't know that I worked in his office either...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
...when no-one at other sites blink an eye lid at you hauling the rucksack and helmet into meetings.............

....when you are the office's bike mechanic........REALLY......

....when no-one blinks an eye with the bike in your office (cos the nice new shiny shelter doesn't lock any more....grrrrrr)

....when no-one comments on your bike kit hung up in your office.....

...when one of the bosses comes in, looks at the bike, and asks if he can pick it up.........

Cubist

Still wavin'
I've definitely lost it this week. Yesterday I rode to work, realised I had a meeting which I would have to drive to, and gleefully used the excuse to ride a new route home to fetch the car! Then today, thinking I had a meeting I would have to drive to, drove to work, checked my diary and saw that the venue had changed to one I could walk to, drove home and got the bike out. Sorted!

Top Bottom