'you're doing well'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
I pulled away from the lights at Stratford this morning as someone looking the part on some sort of white colagno flashed past me, ok I thought and got after him, gawd he was quick, I was properly flat out and always having to go up another gear, there was some 29mph action at one point and routinely 25mph, I barely barely kept up with him and then the cheeky bugger lets me go first from the lights leading up to the Bow flyover

I did my best and made an effort going up the flyover, I think I held onto 25mph as I reached the top, at which point he came alongside and said something muffled behind one of the face mask affairs, he repeated it wth the mask pulled down

'You're doing well'

Patronising or honest manly compliment?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Face mask...tisk !

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
a patronising complement?

in fairness I laughed and said '... keeping up with you?'

first bloke I've struggled to keep up with, on my commute, he was mustard away from the many red lights too, blokes that ride that quick usually jump them

yes to the mask, someone serious enough to ride that fast wearing one surprised me

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I think I'd take it as a compliment... a bit arrogant though to tell you're doing well to keep up with him!!

Completely OTT though... Tynan, if you PM me your details I have a copy of The Hour to send to you (from Longers' thread).

Cheers.

Bigtwin

Tynan said:
yes to the mask, someone serious enough to ride that fast wearing one surprised me

I used to wear one when I commuted in London, especially in the summer.

Very good training aid - feels like you have a third lung when you take it off.

Jake

def' a compliment. Its hard to know what to say when your at the lights if you've had a good race or something. (prob usually because out of breath). you want to say something, but can#t.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
What would you liked him to say to you? I think its a compliment... put it this way even if it wasn't you could still take it as one anyway...;)

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
What bike were you on? Was it in ref to your steed or maybe the guy was a 'serious cyclist' and thought you were good to keep up with a semi-pro/ V.keen amateur!

yenrod

Bigtwin said:
I used to wear one when I commuted in London, especially in the summer.

Very good training aid - feels like you have a third lung when you take it off.

I've used one also - very true Bigs !

J4CKO

By the sound of it, the guy was flying, he knows it and isnt used to anyone keeping up so I would take it as a compliment, he could well be some kind of pro cyclist ?

Wasn't a larger framed chap on a mountain bike was it ? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom