'You're not riding home on that ?'........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Some perceptive person at work noticed that I had a different bike that day.

"How many bikes have you got, Phil?" he asked in a disbelieving sort of voice.

"Six", I replied; "I can ride a different one every day of the week. How many cars have you got?"

Silence.

Reactions: Cal

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Uncle Phil said:
Some perceptive person at work noticed that I had a different bike that day.

"How many bikes have you got, Phil?" he asked in a disbelieving sort of voice.

"Six", I replied; "I can ride a different one every day of the week. How many cars have you got?"

Silence.

Post of the week ,possibly the year.

Chapeau sir.

Kaipaith said:
At least five times today I heard: "You're going to get wet!"

Each time I said "I know! GREAT!"
I love the way some people say it as if it's some great revelation that never would have occurred to you. :biggrin: Those are generally the same ones that can't understand that you don't mind that much.

I did get VERY wet on the way home last night: it was a four glasses wipe ride. Still, this morning was lovely ...

PS. After a few wet days down here, followed by a clearer colder night last night, the first two cars I saw this morning were being driven by someone peeping out through a letterbox hastily wiped in the heavily misted up windscreen.

Needless to say, all of the other windows were opaque. :biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Lazy-Commuter said:
PS. After a few wet days down here, followed by a clearer colder night last night, the first two cars I saw this morning were being driven by someone peeping out through a letterbox hastily wiped in the heavily misted up windscreen.

Needless to say, all of the other windows were opaque. :biggrin:
Likewise.

Some people really don't take driving very seriously, do they?

John the Monkey said:
Likewise.

Some people really don't take driving very seriously, do they?
Well, in fairness to the first one he was clearly on an important mission to get his daughter (whom I just about glimpsed through the letterbox) to an urgent appointment .. at least, if the highly revving engine and body roll round the bend he was "negotiating" were any indication.

As this was in a narrow-ish lane with lots of standing water and leaf and chestnut puree on the road and I was going the opposite way on the outside of the bend, I was scanning for escape routes up the bank ..

Tony Elliott

I currently ride to work on a V-twin assisted bike, but love the idea of riding to work using the mountain bike. The route would be 3 miles through deer park and a very short amount of village roads afterwards... but I can't resist going through a puddle of mud. I need self-discipline rather than waterproofs. Do they sell that on Wiggle?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
3923d1094252491-osnn-irc-channel-irc-freenode-net-holythreadresbatman.jpg

Hip Priest

Veteran
I got "You didn't cycle in in this weather?" the other day. The funny thing being, it takes me 20 minutes to cycle to work, whereas the person asking the question has to walk the 15 minutes to work from the car park they pay £180 a year to use.

rusky

CC Addict
I got home & was putting the bike in the garage when the mrs called asking if I wanted her to collect me! it's a 2 mile commute. Admittedly, all uphill & tonight against a northerly wind!

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Blimey, old thread ! PS still use the BBB Hardwear overshoes - small repairs for cosmetics, but still waterproof after 2.5 years use.. god didn't realise I had them that long. BUY them.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Last Monday when it was very windy. "Please tell me you didn't ride in this morning, Steve?"
"I didn't ride in this morning, John!" Still stood there in lycra looking smug!

Top Bottom