You're on a bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"You're on a bike!"

"umm..yes, I know, thanks" (I wish I'd thought of something more sarcastic like "Thank God for that, I thought someone had nicked it")

Anyone else have any absurdly inane comments levelled at them?

(This one was somehow explaining why clipping my hand with the tip of the wing mirror was acceptable overtaking distance given that he couldn't get past because there was a red light a few metres in front. To which he also commented that there was "no need to try to knock my mirror off" despite the only things my hands were doing were keeping control of the bike

(umm..you rode into me..believe me if I wanted to knock your mirror off it would have been off)

Jezston

Über Member
Sometimes I think about getting a few old wing mirrors off scrapped cars and hanging them from my rucksack like they were trophies, and see how that affects the way people drive around me.

NigC

Jezston said:
Sometimes I think about getting a few old wing mirrors off scrapped cars and hanging them from my rucksack like they were trophies, and see how that affects the way people drive around me.

Could get a bit heavy though - how about just using stickers to keep "count" instead? ;)

rh100

Jezston said:

;):biggrin:

Great idea!

Mycroft

why is it so gloriously funny when people shout "you know they aren't pedalling behind" when out on the tandem?

its SOOOOO clever, i wish I could shout it out as well!
:biggrin:

Mark_Robson

RedBike said:
I got told I'd ripped my shorts this morning (thankfully hadn't).
:biggrin: that's brilliant. :rofl:

jimboalee

Sheffield_Tiger said:
"You're on a bike!"

"umm..yes, I know, thanks" (I wish I'd thought of something more sarcastic like "Thank God for that, I thought someone had nicked it")

Anyone else have any absurdly inane comments levelled at them?

(This one was somehow explaining why clipping my hand with the tip of the wing mirror was acceptable overtaking distance given that he couldn't get past because there was a red light a few metres in front. To which he also commented that there was "no need to try to knock my mirror off" despite the only things my hands were doing were keeping control of the bike

(umm..you rode into me..believe me if I wanted to knock your mirror off it would have been off)

"You're mirror? I'll knock your F**king head off".

It helps to be six foot tall, built like a brick shithouse and glare crazily insane .

Alan Whicker

I got racially abused yesterday!

"You fat white F****r" said the gluesniffing deadbeat in Whitechapel. I gave him the finger as I rode past, and he got up and wheezily chased me for about 5 yards.

Alan Whicker said:
I got racially abused yesterday!

"You fat white F****r" said the gluesniffing deadbeat in Whitechapel. I gave him the finger as I rode past, and he got up and wheezily chased me for about 5 yards.

I'd like to have seen that.

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
jimboalee said:
"You're mirror? I'll knock your F**king head off".

It helps to be six foot tall, built like a brick shithouse and glare crazily insane .

Trouble with that plan was, one of us WAS six foot tall, built like a brick shithouse and glare crazily insane.

jimboalee

A piece of excellent defence is to...

[some might disagree,]

throw your bike at him.

While he goes to catch it, you are taking a running jump with the aim of squashing him between your bike and the pavement.

If all goes according to plan, his arms are trapped but his head isn't. Both your fists are at liberty to teach him a lesson.

Top Bottom