You're on a bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
On a long fairly steep downhill last Sunday I went past a car and the small tractor + trailer that was holding it up. My speed just over 30mph. (Tour of Britain went up it at about that speed last year).

Stopped at the lights in Wiveliscombe and it caught me up - the passenger said,"You can't go that fast on a bike mate".

Sadly I was so amazed that I could only manage "I just did". I've thought of several good replies since.

Ste T. said:
re post#11
If you think thats racist you want to try riding a bike with ginger hair. The latest one the other day ," You should be nearer the kerb you ginger tw@t"
Oh how I laughed. I get it all the time. We are the last racially diverse group you can legally abuse. Come the ginger revolution my friends, then we'll see....

I have never seen a bike with ginger hair before, does it grow on the saddle or all over?:smile:

sadjack

Jezston said:
Sometimes I think about getting a few old wing mirrors off scrapped cars and hanging them from my rucksack like they were trophies, and see how that affects the way people drive around me.

That should have a health warning. Coffee all over keyboard and screen ;)

Laugh? I nearly cried.

Jezston said:
Sometimes I think about getting a few old wing mirrors off scrapped cars and hanging them from my rucksack like they were trophies, and see how that affects the way people drive around me.
Here you are, Jezs (and everyone else)! Print a few of these out and stick them onto the panniers...

Catrike UK said:
Variation, I am often asked in relation to cycling, "what happens when it rains", so I reply "atmospheric water vapour condenses into droplets that have enough specific mass and density to fall to earth".

Classic Have to remember that one

Top Bottom