Youth scarers - a new one on me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I can hear my phone vibrating on silent ring in the other room whilst my/the wife/life partner/significant other/the one I love more than anything else in the world/whatever snowflakes allow me to call her, cannot, yet she (can I call her she?) can hear it ring when the volume is turned up, yet I cannot.

That other person in our marital relationship can never hear her phone ring.

Chris S

Legendary Member
As an alternative, some places play classical music.
They've obviously never watched 'A Clockwork Orange' :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I know that we went Off Topic a long time ago but I think we covered the pros and cons of hurting the ears of young people in the first couple of pages. I quite like threads that meander backwards and forwards rather than being tied rigidly to the original subject. I have been on a very strictly moderated forum and only lasted a few days because I felt like I was being suffocated. (I suppose the fact that I seem to suffer from an attention disorder didn't help *** ... I have never been officially diagnosed but everybody I know points it out me. Sometimes I change subject in mid-sentence and don't even realise that I have done it.)

I can hear my phone vibrating on silent ring in the other room ...
I can't hear my mobile or landline phone ring from any other room, but I discovered recently that I can hear the mobile vibrate from 2 floors away if it is resting on something solid. I'd left it up in the attic room on a desk and was down in the kitchen when someone rang me.

I don't know what the connection was, but when I was in hospital with blood clots my tinnitus was horrible. Fortunately, it has now receded into the background again and I can usually ignore it.

*** There you go ... straight from phones on vibrate to tinnitus! :wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
The thread is dead, please close. Moderated out of existence.
It's your hearing.

The thread is dead, please close. Moderated out of existence.
download (10).jpeg

"My wife" (tm Cyclechat thought police) read this thread and was disgusted at the total unbridled temerity of various female and male posters to comment on our use of "my missus".
After 27 years of use of this term of pure respect , love and devotion we can only conclude that you ain't got an effing clue!

U

User482

"My wife" (tm Cyclechat thought police) read this thread and was disgusted at the total unbridled temerity of various female and male posters to comment on our use of "my missus".
After 27 years of use of this term of pure respect , love and devotion we can only conclude that you ain't got an effing clue!
That's definitely the best way to convince everyone.

Top Bottom