YouTube adverts with sound

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Anyone else getting these?

NOT the ones that play before your main vid (and you can sometimes 'skip' after 5 seconds) BUT the ones at the side. I'm getting two on the right hand side, one at the top, one at the bottom. Have done a virus check and malware check, nowt to speak of. The ads say on the 'not from this site'. I can handle ads, no problem with that, but they often start playing (with sound) while you're trying to watch the football scene form Kes or your favourite music video. Most annoying. Can't find a way to get rid, but can (usually) turn the sound off. However, they also take up 'juice' and sometimes (when connection is slower) slow down playing of the vid you are watching.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Getting ones now that last for about 3 years, it's actually 15 or 20 seconds but it seems a lot longer, the bugger with these though is you can't skip them.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Does anyone actually pay any attention to the adverts, or just wait until the skip advert bit comes up? This also goes for adverts in general, how many people look at and take notice of them?

Does anyone actually pay any attention to the adverts, or just wait until the skip advert bit comes up? This also goes for adverts in general, how many people look at and take notice of them?
TV ads are apparently worth about £300 per person per year. As for internet, its difficult as people just ignore them but they are very target specific. As Google & FB are worth billions there must be something in it!

Octet

Veteran
NoScript, I deny everything by default which not only solves the problem of adverts the majority of time but also helps keep my computer safe from XSS.

jhawk

Veteran
+1 for Firefox with Adblock Plus, I also use NoScript.

Also Cookie Monster, default deny.

I'm the cookie monster! Oh look, an Oreo. NOM!

Top Bottom