Youtube advice??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikeman66

Hi all,

Slightly bizarre request for advice I guess. I've sourced some good video workouts to use with my turbo trainer from youtube, but have a slight problem! My internet connection won't reach my garage (where the turbo trainer is set up), making using youtube direct from the laptop a bit of an issue. Relocating the turbo trainer indoors is not an option...........according to the good lady, so, being somewhat less than a time served IT geek, I'm wondering if it is possible to save a youtube video to a computer and then play it back when beyond an internet connection.........and if it is possible, how is this done (in absolute layman's terms please).

Thanks for any advice you guys might be able to give.

13 rider

Guru
If you have a power socket near the turbo you can use power line connecters to send the broadband round the power cables an plug your laptop via an Ethernet . not sure about saving you tube vids

Citius

Im from up North. Im different to you

Possibly not in the way you are thinking of....

+1 for this, this how I distribute the www around my house.
You need to buy two power adapters.
Plug one where your broadband router is. Now plug the other one wherever you like, in this situation, your garage. Now connect your laptop to the adapter using an Ethernet cable. Your laptop is now connected to the www.

Top Bottom