YouTube Dilema

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
jimboalee said:
If you had one of these, the taxi wouldn't bother you.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWxjUDEYIiw

I bet it's crap on roundabouts.

Jezston

Über Member
I love the classic trollesque techniques used by Lee here. Can't be bothered to actually refute other people's statements of fact, because you can't? Just claim they are 'missing the point' (without actually stating what that point is), accuse them of bad arguing techniques, and the old 'prove me wrong or I'm right' style statements where you don't actually have to make any effort yourself (or have any facts or even an argument at all), and sit back and watch the fireworks.

I never really understand what people who act like this get out of it. The amount of time and effort they have to spend to maintain pointless, circular arguments. Do they really get pleasure out of it? Aren't their easier and more rewarding pastimes?

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
HLaB said:
A bit OT but I liked this drivers response to a helmet cam :evil:
I had a woman this morning look at me in horror when she noticed me, she dropped the mobile phone she was using on the floor.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL, just watched that one, HLaB.

BSRU said:
I had a woman this morning look at me in horror when she noticed me, she dropped the mobile phone she was using on the floor.

Yeah, that is amusing! The camera is great at getting drivers to put the phone away.

Origamist

Legendary Member
dondare said:
I have very little trouble on the road when cycling and I never feel that there is any advantage in informing bad drivers that they are bad drivers. I think that this will simply turn them into bad-tempered bad drivers which is worse.

Generally, this is my take. However, with a camera I know I don't have to confront a driver (not that I usually did anyway) as I can now send a link (anonymously, if I choose) to RoadSafe and they can determine if the driver needs a warning letter or a more serious form of censure.

dondare said:
I don't see other cyclists chasing down motorists in order to tell them that they have comitted some misdemeanor and such confrontations that I have witnessed have been initiated by the driver. But on Youtube it's quite different.

I see this on a weekly basis.

jimboalee

Helmet cams can be useful.

A chap once said to me ( my uncle ), "There's been a few B**t**ds play dirty tricks on me. If I'm diagnosed with a terminal illness, I'm not going alone".

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Jezston said:
I never really understand what people who act like this get out of it. The amount of time and effort they have to spend to maintain pointless, circular arguments. Do they really get pleasure out of it? Aren't their easier and more rewarding pastimes?

+1 to that Jezston

dondare

Über Member
On my way in today I had one minor incident.
I arrived at an ASZ with the light red. Like most of these ludicrous travesties of a "facility" it went the full width but could only be entered legally at the left hand corner. I went in and moved slightly across because the road forks and I wasn't going left.
Well; a small white van stopped behind me, mostly behind the zone so no problem, but just before the lights changed he moved off, coming so close that his wing mirror bumped my elbow. Impatient, rude, annoying and illegal (although the lights did change at that moment so he went through on red+amber, not green) but not life-threatening.

What would you lot have done about it? Answers from camera users and non-users, please.

Top Bottom