YouTube video issues on Apple

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It seems that YouTube videos and Apple devices are struggling for compatibility at the moment.
The Friday music threads is unreadable for me for the second week in a row.
Any idea how to fix it?

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Have you tried a different browser ?

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
It seems that YouTube videos and Apple devices are struggling for compatibility at the moment.
The Friday music threads is unreadable for me for the second week in a row.
Any idea how to fix it?
Same here using iPad OS 14.6. Something changed about a month or so ago. It’s the same in Safari, DDG, Chrome, Firefox and Opera. I wonder if there’s either a change in the forum software or some Apple security feature that’s not playing nicely.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Same here using iPad OS 14.6. Something changed about a month or so ago. It’s the same in Safari, DDG, Chrome, Firefox and Opera. I wonder if there’s either a change in the forum software or some Apple security feature that’s not playing nicely.
Yep 14.6 on my phone and iPad. Both have stopped working with 90% of the videos. But some still work which is odd.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I still suffer from the problem and there doesn’t seem to be an easy fix.
But interestingly it seems to be mainly music videos. I can see all the comedy clips in the Sean Lock thread, so I wonder if it is some sort of music rights issue.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
iOS 14.7.1 on iPad mini now. 2/3 of YouTube music vids on CC don’t play any more. Sad.

Shaun

Founder
iOS 14.7.1 on iPad mini now. 2/3 of YouTube music vids on CC don’t play any more. Sad.
Do all YouTube videos on other sites play okay? If it's specific to CC it may be something that will improve over the coming months as I update the forum software.

Top Bottom