You've been making beans on toast wrong says Heinz.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Apparently Brits eat Baked Beans on toast at least once a week. Heinz say some of us are doing it wrong so have posted a guide of how to do it the correct way. So, are they right?

https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats-on/food-drink/youve-been-making-beans-toast-8841908

IMG_20231020_073006.jpg

Jameshow

Veteran
Beans should never be on toast... Always at the side!

Alex321

Veteran
Apparently Brits eat Baked Beans on toast at least once a week. Heinz say some of us are doing it wrong so have posted a guide of how to do it the correct way. So, are they right?

https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats-on/food-drink/youve-been-making-beans-toast-8841908

View attachment 710672

The only thing we do differently to what is suggested there (points 1-5, we don't do the optional step 6) is that we don't use butter - the Tomato sauce in eth beans is more than enough moisture.

Though it is something we only eat maybe once every couple of mon this or so on average.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I haven't eaten beans on toast for years, when I did it was probably once a year at most. But I always did it in the way described above. Possibly might have used microwave instead of hob, but same end result. The only advantage with the hob method I think is that the sauce would reduce more than in the microwave?

classic33

Leg End Member
Beans should never be on toast... Always at the side!
Then it'd be beans and toast, not beans on toast.

The important bit is storing the tins upside down

$deity knows why as it goes on to say cook it on the hob and stir it

I suppose it does help by putting all the "juice" at the bottom so you don't end up wit a clump of solid bits at the bottom of the can
but shaking it a couple of time sorts that out anyway - as does a good shake over the pan

Possibly a subject that is being rather over thought??

BTW - my wife makes me do it by toasting the bread (Warbutons Toastie ONLY) one ONE side only
then put cheese on the untoasted side
Then but the beans over the cheese

The things I have to put up with!!!

classic33

Leg End Member
The important bit is storing the tins upside down

$deity knows why as it goes on to say cook it on the hob and stir it

I suppose it does help by putting all the "juice" at the bottom so you don't end up wit a clump of solid bits at the bottom of the can
but shaking it a couple of time sorts that out anyway - as does a good shake over the pan

Possibly a subject that is being rather over thought??

BTW - my wife makes me do it by toasting the bread (Warbutons Toastie ONLY) one ONE side only
then put cheese on the untoasted side
Then but the beans over the cheese

The things I have to put up with!!!
Can't you just take the tin opener to the bottom of the can?

Top Bottom