You've guessed the fruit content, now guess how much sugar ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't drink alcohol any more. Once or twice a month I indulge myself and have one or two 500 mL bottles of Coke or Pepsi. I had 2 Pepsis tonight and just checked the sugar content. I thought it might be about 4 teaspoons full per bottle. Nope.

So, how much sugar do you think there is in 1 litre of non-diet Pepsi. :whistle:

20 heaped teaspoons!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
:scratch: I know how many teaspoons of sugar there are in a 300ml can. So multiply that by 3.1 and I get

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Oh dear, nothing wrong with my mental arithmetic, but my starting point was wrong. I still won't be drinking Coke or Pepsi.

I was watching "The Doctor who doesn't do drugs" this evening. The subject was carbohydrates, the good ones in fruit and veg, and the bad ones, and the hidden sugar in various foods.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Hmm, they don't correspond, but mine were heaped. I suppose there is also the question of how big the teaspoon is. I have some small ones but this was what I would call a 'typical' teaspoon.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I certainly feel like I have zapped myself with sugar and caffeine but I haven't developed the nasty 'thick head' I get from the diet versions.

Anyway, that's me done with sugary drinks for the next few weeks, unless I choose to top up with Coke/Pepsi on long rides such as the one coming up on Saturday to the Humber Bridge. I don't mind that because I burn the sugar pretty quickly on the ride.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

And question 2: With my head buzzing from the sugar and caffeine, when will I actually fall asleep? :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Hmm, they don't correspond, but mine were heaped. I suppose there is also the question of how big the teaspoon is. I have some small ones but this was what I would call a 'typical' teaspoon.
Metric, Imperial, or Other?
The metric teaspoon as a unit of culinary measure is 5 mL, equal to 5 cm 3 ; that is, 1 ⁄ 3 UK/Canadian metric tablespoon, or 1 ⁄ 4 Australian metric tablespoon.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It is 10.6g of sugar per 100ml.
So a litre has 106g of sugar.
A tea spoon is about 5 grams but this is dependent on the size so roughly 21 spoons of sugar. All dead calories.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Thing is I read somewhere that sugar actually has no dietary benefit, we do not need a certain amount of sugar in our diet's at all - unlike salt - not sure which does the most damage tbh?!

I have really reduced my sugar drink intake - thankfully I don't drink tea or coffee. Around every two weeks the boyfriend and I will have a couple of rum and pepsi's with dinner and that's it now!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I dozed off eventually but kept waking up all night. If I drink that much again it will not be after 23:00!

It is 10.6g of sugar per 100ml.
So a litre has 106g of sugar.
A tea spoon is about 5 grams but this is dependent on the size so roughly 21 spoons of sugar. All dead calories.
Yes. I weighed it out and spooned it back in to the container. I made it about 20 heaped teaspoons

I only have sugar in the house for other people. If I want to sweeten my coffee I use a small amount of honey.

Top Bottom