You've guessed the fruit content, now guess how much sugar ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I got chatting with a waitress in my hotel in South Africa. She asked me how she could lose weight; she was, er, well-upholstered for a woman in her twenties.

I asked her what she ate and drank in an average day and she said she drank two of the huge two-litre bottles of Coke every day. I explained how much sugar she was drinking and she was shocked; I said I thought she might have trouble giving up the sugar and caffeine hit but that it would be better to drink water.

Fact: the flavour of cola is lime, which is the most refreshing flavour but the caramel fools you into thinking it's something else. In fact the same flavour manufacturer in the USA (and Chester) supplies the lime flavour to both Pepsi and Coke.

Another fact: Pepsi and Coca-Cola announced this morning that they are giving up the fight and joining forces. The new advertising slogan will be: "Be Sociable - Have a Poke!"

(One of the above facts may not be true)

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
At work there is a vending machine selling these cans. It almost always being used whenever I pass it.
There is one regular user, who when chatting to a nearby colleague, spoke of stocking up Coca Cola before the sugar tax was introduced. His last stocking up purchase before the change was 12 litres.
No different I suppose to motorists filling up before budget changes to fuel duty, but his last purchase would probably take me at least 4 years to drink, let alone what he already had in stock.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't think for one minute that the diet stuff is any better.

Coke full fat is good for a T1 hypo. Lucozade is rubbish for hypos now half the sugar has been replaced by chemicals.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Thing is I read somewhere that sugar actually has no dietary benefit, we do not need a certain amount of sugar in our diet's at all - unlike salt - not sure which does the most damage tbh?!

I have really reduced my sugar drink intake - thankfully I don't drink tea or coffee. Around every two weeks the boyfriend and I will have a couple of rum and pepsi's with dinner and that's it now!
The brain needs sugar as it’s primary fuel and quite a lot of it. It cannot use fat or protein directly as other cells can. It does have a work-around by using Ketone bodies in extreme shortage.

Top Bottom