Zafira and bike box?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
might do, but you may have to ask the passengers to have some luggage on their laps. the zafira is one of the better mpvs for load space. we swapped from a zafira to a grand c-max and now need a trailer to get what used to go in the zafira to camping. that said, it's a nicer drive for passengers and driver…

vickster

Legendary Member
It's also difficult to guarantee what car you'll actually get when you rent so look at the specs of others in the same class

A large SUV or a proper 7 seater might be better?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
having looked at the dimensions of my c-max, i'm pretty convinced the zafira will swallow the bike box; it's only just too tall and wide for the c-max, and the zafira was both wider and deeper.

a zafira will also be in a cheaper group than an SUV as far as hiring goes…

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
as long as the three passengers are not too broad of beam and good friends to boot ;)

OP
OP
goody

goody

Veteran
Thanks for the replies. It'll work. Worst case is plan B, leave kids at airport take bike and luggage to villa then return with empty car for kids. Its a small island (lanzarote) so they won't be left unattended for long.

gavintc

Guru
Thanks for the replies. It'll work. Worst case is plan B, leave kids at airport take bike and luggage to villa then return with empty car for kids. Its a small island (lanzarote) so they won't be left unattended for long.
If a problem occurs, contact the McCanns for a good lawyer.

OP
OP
goody

goody

Veteran
No one would take my kids. I can't even give them away! I'll tie them to a chair or something. Leave them with a bag of sweets and a comic they'll be fine.

Top Bottom