Zebra Crossings and taking a chance crossing the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Chicken-Cross-The-Road-Quote.jpg

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
The thing is, traffic doesn't have to stop unless someone is actually on the crossing, which leads to confusion. And a ready excuse for many of the halfwit drivers in the roads.

Having said that, a moron in a Mokka drove straight through the zebra crossing I was clearly already using just this afternoon. He knew he was in the wrong but still managed to devote the energy he should have used for pressing the brake pedal into gesticulating at me instead.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
What I never understand is I've always understood that if you are driving or on a bike and you see a ped approaching the crossing you slow and prepare to stop in anticipation. If they walk past it so be it.

Around here people seem to slam on the brakes in surprise, or just chance it and go through. Cyclists are no better in this regard either.

Reactions: mjr

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
What does that sign mean? Is it a "hunched old dear with her hand up a giant glove puppet holding a sword ahead" warning?

@Drago

That sign gives me hope - it's good to see that retirees can still enjoy an active and adventurous sex life.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Most people here seem to treat Zebra crossings as "give way to pedestrians or cyclists" which is nice. Shame so many don't stop for red lights at pelican/toucan/puffin ones any more, though. Red light cameras are what we need!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4932560, member: 45"]You know that the lights flash? This isn't them "sometimes working and sometimes not".[/QUOTE]
Oh right. I'm making it up that the flashing lights aren't working sometimes,due to failure You do know that electrical things like lights fail sometimes don't you?:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4932594, member: 45"]Yeah, and then they get fixed. They don't then keep breaking down.[/QUOTE]
Ah,so you accept that they do break down, which stops them flashing for a period of time and it's not me who just happens to look at them when the flash is off for split second,causing me to think they're off altogether.

Top Bottom