Zombie Apocalypse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2PedalsTez

Über Member
During my ride today my mind wandered to considering the potential zombie apocalypse. The outcome was that if I had to choose one of my bikes it would almost certainly be my Carerra Subway trail bike*
With this in mind I shall be giving it a good clean and oil (I don't ride it that often!)

There, I've said it.

* The decision is based on -
A. Zombies won't be limited to 'just' roads
B. Zombies won't ride bikes.

In the event that the above two assumptions are incorrect then I will stick with my Cube.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ah, but in these new Zombie movies, the buggers can't half run, so I'd get a cross bike !

TVC

I think I'd take the car. I like my bikes and all that, but I wouldn't want to try to run down a zombie on my fixie.

david1701

the day 1 alfine I think, robust enough, fast enough and will carry a reasonable load + less maintenance. Though I have thought pretty seriously about the advantages of a cargo bike in such a situation. Kinda depends on the group I think a few cross bikes and a cargo bike or 2 would be a good set up for a small group as you can scout on the crossers but carry more kit with the cargo options.

Thought about this one pretty heavily tbh

Mr Phoebus

Ah, but in these new Zombie movies, the buggers can't half run, so I'd get a cross bike !

And can't they shift. You'd need to be Cavandish.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Bikes are perfect for the impending zombie apocalypse.

Almost silent, require no fuel, manoeuvrable, and quick enough to outrun the undead.

I agree that a group is best. A cargo bike for gear and several outriders. A tandem would also be good, as the stoker could be a gunner.

david1701

the problem with the boat is one of fuel and food.

With nowhere to grow food you could be in a lot of trouble unless you had a huge ship with relatively few people + the prep time required is long and requires a lot of funding which is hard to do for a group that it could sustain.

Then you need fuel to maneuver and in HUGE quantities (unless its like a nuclear carrier which would be totally awesome as you could grow stuff on deck and refine your own water ect) as you would float into land/run aground eventually or even just coast into somewhere inhospitable.

The problem really is where you decide to live/base more than how you move :s

Top Bottom