Zox trike 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
just found this by accident on YouTube, looks a simple design but so much fun.
DSC_0373_ergebnis.jpg

OP
OP
neil earley
just found this by accident on YouTube, looks a simple design but so much fun.
View attachment 546327

Attachments

• DSC_0447_ergebnis.jpg
    DSC_0447_ergebnis.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 61
It’s not clear what the advantage of the extra wheel is... the two rear wheels are very close together and as their webpages show, there is none of the increased stability or load carrying you’d get with a quad. In fact you end up with a four track rather than 3 track machine with extra drag and weight. The only advantage seems to be to use a front wheel motor in the rear right position, but there are easier ways of adding assist!

OP
OP
neil earley
It’s not clear what the advantage of the extra wheel is... the two rear wheels are very close together and as their webpages show, there is none of the increased stability or load carrying you’d get with a quad. In fact you end up with a four track rather than 3 track machine with extra drag and weight. The only advantage seems to be to use a front wheel motor in the rear right position, but there are easier ways of adding assist!
I think the extra wheel adds stability as they operate independently of each other as well as suspension,should be helpful with cornering
as well bit like cruzbike were going to explore on their two wheeled recumbent bicycle.

Will see if I can find a link

View: https://youtu.be/46iQwh-iJik

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
That looks very like is the Raptobike Low Racer, which was a very fast and low bike. IIRC, the 2 wheel system (with suspension) could be fitted instead of the single rear wheel, giving great stability and no excuses for not riding in winter's ice and snow !
Raptobike also made a Mid-Racer which was nice too.
Sadly I think they went out of business, though their website looks active...

Last edited:
Top Bottom