Zwift B S’s.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
It's a shame when something that's supposed to be fun turns into something acrimonious. Not that you'd call suffering on a turbo trainer as fun but we've all done it. One solution would be a "friendly" challenge on the nearest steep hill with the loser buying the first round. Been there, done that myself, and yes I did buy the first round.

JuhaL

Guru
Yes it's gettin too serious if you start to think just racing against each others all the time. I found it's very relief to ride recovery rides or just take it easier, mans have to rest you know. Let the other riders show off if they feel happy.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It's all BS, cheating or no cheating. Remember stuff like Zwift is just a game. Riding up a real gradient with a real road surface under you and real wind blowing - is actual cycling. Sitting on a static bike bolted to a trainer staring at a screen - isn't cycling.
There is an interesting article in Cycling magazine this month, where three cyclists used Zwift almost exclusively to train for ride up El Teide The summary of the article is Zwift and the like is good for training for real world riding, and actually, may be a better tool than going outside as you can better control your training effort and outcomes. Clearly not for everyone, but as a tool in the armoury it's definitely worth doing.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Sounds like your younger and fitter than this dude. I say punch him in the face. If he beats the cr@p out of you then maybe he is genuinely quicker than you up d’huez . If not, then he’s a damm cheat, but you probably need to look for a new job in the new year.

You’re welcome :thumbsup:
You youngsters, still a lot to learn.... You punch them where the bruising doesn't show, or maybe a sharp knee to the nuts, that should do the trick :tongue:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
From the Strava or Zwift Companion for example if you know the name what you lookin for.

So how can it say the older bloke has lower power but it gives him a faster time?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Zwift is good for training when you can't get out. I use it quite alot now I don't cycle to work. It's purpose is to keep me fit without being completely bored. It allows my to enjoy my MTB rides at weekends and has got me fit enough to get round the Black Route at Llandegla without walking the hills - cleared them all last month, first time I'd done that since breaking my back. My overall climbing has improved as well through using Zwift and pushing hard on races/training events.

I don't get bothered where I place - it's only worthwhile if you look at your times as that's the constant - you can track your progress as the next time you do a particular segment in Zwift, it's exactly the same as every other time you did it, so it's a good gauge of your fitness/wellness.

In the real world, a single climbs can be very different depending upon the weather. This time at Llandegla, I got up the 3 mile climb the quickest I've done before, despite the howling headwind. Next time I might smash it completely if there is a tail wind, or indeed fail to beat the time if the wind is worse.

JuhaL

Guru
So how can it say the older bloke has lower power but it gives him a faster time?
Well it doesnt do that. You can see only a data. But like i said earlier, there is too much factors at indoor training what effect your data. Probably is best not to bother much about those things.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Well it doesnt do that. You can see only a data. But like i said earlier, there is too much factors at indoor training what effect your data. Probably is best not to bother much about those things.

But you are saying that Zwift gives the older man lower power but faster average climbing rate. How is that possible?

JuhaL

Guru
For now i am very confident my indoor training because my trainer and power meters data is consistent. Power readings are same or very close each other.

JuhaL

Guru
But you are saying that Zwift gives the older man lower power but faster average climbing rate. How is that possible?
I just mean where you can find his power output. I didnt mean that how you can find out how it comes.

Top Bottom