Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Location
Wiltshire
Jo's away in Hull this weekend so I can't do Coventry CC, but Daniel and I are going to Monsal on Sunday. He's off at 11:12 and I'm not off until 13:56, so there'll be a lot of waiting around for both of us. I'm really hoping he can get up the hill - he's been up some similarly steep hills around here in recent weeks but nothing's quite like Monsal!

We're away in Bath for a family weekend on 10/10, otherwise I'd have been up for Terrace Hill.

I might do Bank Road in Matlock on 18/10, depending on how Sunday goes. My hip's been hurting a bit recently so I'm not too hopeful. :sad:

Hire a bike in Bath and go for a little spin - some lovely hills out of Bath to stretch the legs. Not Yorkshire level, but nice mile long climbs with 10% sections - Bathwick Hill is one of my faves if I do a ride into Bath :smile:

1790940677034.png
 

Legs

usually riding on Zwift or up steep hills...
Location
Staffordshire
Finally - it is a Double Header tomorrow courtesy of Coventry CC - Burton Dassett at 11am followed by Edge Hill at noon https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/events/54760-coventry-cycling-club-hill-climb any takers?? ^_^

How did BD and Edge go for you, Martin? It’d have been a beautiful day for it!
 

Norry1

Legendary Member
Location
Warwick
How did BD and Edge go for you, Martin? It’d have been a beautiful day for it!

A bit mixed cheers Tim.

Compared to last year, I was 3.7 seconds slower on Burton Dassett - never quite felt 100% on it.
but...
I was 13.4 seconds quicker on Edge Hill

I was 10th and 11th (of 16) so not troubling the scorers - no age handicap to bail me out ^_^

Good luck to you and your boy today - post up how you do.

Oh and I did try and start a Hill Climbing Thread - maybe post up on there as well, see if it can re-kick start the thread? https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/competitive-hill-climbs-anyone-do-them.312110/#post-7684075
 
Location
Oxfordshire

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Location
Wiltshire
Some of our club are doing this one and probably riding over there as a warm-up. Not sure if I'll do it as I'm just out of a 4 week medical break.
I'm going to try DRS this week and see how it goes :laugh:

Watched your race earlier as a rec for us tonight - looked painful! Must be nice though to get back on the bike?
 
Location
Oxfordshire
Watched your race earlier as a rec for us tonight - looked painful! Must be nice though to get back on the bike?

Nice to get racing again. I haven't actually been off the bike, but I had to greatly reduce volume and intensity for a month.
Still not really meant to be overdoing it, but today felt OK for 28 minutes and then I was done.
Quite pleased to last that long, really. Looks like rain tomorrow, so I expect I'll be doing something else on Zwift.
(and that's how they get you back indoors :laugh: )
 

honeybadger

Senior Member
First race for me in this season’s ZRL for my team doing Makuri 40 And it was a baptism of fire xx( Since my last TT irl of the season (National VTTA 12hr championships) on August bank holiday I’ve done next to no riding. I always have a two week break to re-set but then I got a bad cold so only really started riding again last week. Tonight’s race was definitely not suited for me (even if I was fit) far to hilly so it was a damage limitation exercise. Got dropped twice on the climbs but worked hard with a small group to get back to the front again. With a summit finish I clung on for as long as I could to finish 30th out of 60 odd riders. Considering where I’m at fitness wise I’ll take it, a few weeks of dedicated training should see my fitness levels returning
 

Norry1

Legendary Member
Location
Warwick
I've done a few TrainerRoad workouts on Zwift recently - and my Zwift Racing Score increased by around 200 points. I had been looking forward to a (possibly) easy win when I do my first Zwift Race of the season - but maybe not now :smile:

I didn't realise workouts would change my Racing Score.
 

13 rider

Legendary Member
Location
leicester
A great team performance last night on Urumaze , back in the dev squad having riden up a level last week to make up the numbers . The team dosnt have a stand out sprinter so we formed a plan to go for FAL . We sprinted at the 1st sprint just to stay at the front then on the first climb 3km in we would push the pace to split the race . We crested with all 5 of us in a group of 20 . 3 of us kept the pace on to keep the group away and then each sprint are better sprinters took turns going for FTS . By keeping the pace on the group kept thinking out . On the last climb there was 5 of us in a group of 10 here our strongest rode of the front and we let him go for a solo win . The last uphill Shisa sprint split the group ,I did managed 3rd FTS on this and just hung on to a little group of 5 which had 3 teammates in it . With 3km to go I did try to breakaway got a couple of seconds before the other riders chased me down . I went early at the final sprint but got chased down for 5th place but the team got 1st ,2nd ,4th ,5th and 9th for the win 🎊🎉🏅. We picked up a points on every Sprint FAL and FTS . Hopefully we can get the same team out for the TTT next week
 

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Location
Wiltshire
I've done a few TrainerRoad workouts on Zwift recently - and my Zwift Racing Score increased by around 200 points. I had been looking forward to a (possibly) easy win when I do my first Zwift Race of the season - but maybe not now :smile:

I didn't realise workouts would change my Racing Score.

Probably linked to their seeding? Personally I just ignore ZRS now. It's so broken it's not worth worrying about
 
Location
Oxfordshire
I've done a few TrainerRoad workouts on Zwift recently - and my Zwift Racing Score increased by around 200 points. I had been looking forward to a (possibly) easy win when I do my first Zwift Race of the season - but maybe not now :smile:

I didn't realise workouts would change my Racing Score.

there is something hooked into the 5 minute power number somewhere, which it takes from ALL your Zwift activity (but not outdoor).

Even worse than that though. Over my summer recess I decayed from 507 to about 370 so was looking forward to an easy win.
What I didn't know is that there is a bug such that if you enter a non-ZRS race, your ZRS reverts to what it was at your last race.
So I'm back at 507 again. 🤦‍♂️
As @Whorty says though, the whole ZRS thing is a great bit "poo"show.

You'll all be glad to hear vELO2 is coming pretty soon and it's the best yet.

I'm currently a Cat D, ZRS 507, Platinum rider. :laugh:
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom