Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
It was off for everyone. In fact I thought you knew and that's the reason why you'd decided to go with a TT bike!

My reasoning behind it was that I always think we should have one TT-like stage (we would have had one on last year's series as well but I messed up the setup of the event) and this stage seemed like the best option. It was all going to be decided on the climb anyway, so to have people able to draft through the undulating bit I thought was going to give some people more of an advantage than others - might as well have it be a race right out of the gate.

I knew TT was usually no draft. I hadn't realised you'd disabled the other bikes. It might have been a little closer if drafting was enabled for non TT.

I chose TT knowing if I arrived at the climbs with most of you around me, my weight would have led me to really struggle.

TT gave me an early advantage, which served me quite well, well apart from Harry, who had a stonking ride 👍

alex_cycles

Veteran
Off for all I think?

How did the DIRT folks get on?

I had a great race and so did my team. Turns out that the Chasing Classics has been great training for me for a 41km race.
Our plan was to go hard on Titans fwd and all try to take FTS points whilst hurting the Road Runners heavy sprint team.
Then try to be in the top 10 but not kill for top places on the Fuego FAL "sprint"
Then smash the crap out of Titans reverse going for FTS and finish.

Somehow I got 1st FTS on Titans fwd (4:12), 4th FAL on Fuego and 1st FTS on Titans reverse (1:41 which you all know is one of my favourite segments in the game. I probably overdid it as I was 6s faster than 2nd FTS :laugh:).

But more importantly than that, we got 2,3,4,5 over the finish line and took the win. Coalition got 2nd and that means another 2 points above Road Runners. So we go into the final week with a 4 point lead in the League (which means we can afford 2nd and 3rd and still win, but we hope to do better than that).

Somehow I find myself #2 in the Polka-dot jersey (which is now complete) #1 in points GC and #1 in Green Jersey. All quite amusing and it will probably change next week. But it's fun to be there for now.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdLIzysPGi0&t=261s

Top Bottom