Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bob, get well. Whilst you're taking a medical breakxx(, can you tell me how to do thumbs up either in Zwift or Strava? Im usually Ok working around software, but am flummoxed with this!:unsure:

Breedon, not yet, but even the take it easy rides can get a bit frisky, from my limited experience:okay:

Andy Strava is easy if you have the app on your phone. If you open up someone's ride, whether you follow them or not, you will see a thumbs up and just click or tap it. With an iPhone if you want to give kudos to people you have ridden with, open up your ride, click on line where it shows who you ride with and shake the phone! You will then get an option to kudo all on the ride or just those you follow and choose.
In Zwift, again if you have an iPhone get the Zwift mobile link. When you do a ride in Zwift open the link and you will see on 3rd screen when scroll across you can click on a rider that takes you to them on the ride and there is a like button-click!

Breedon

Legendary Member
Bob, get well. Whilst you're taking a medical breakxx(, can you tell me how to do thumbs up either in Zwift or Strava? Im usually Ok working around software, but am flummoxed with this!:unsure:

Breedon, not yet, but even the take it easy rides can get a bit frisky, from my limited experience:okay:
On the phone app you click on the name of the person you like then then from there you can text them or send them a "Ride On" click on ride on then they get a thumbs up which they see on screen.
you don't have to be riding i some times check to see who's riding and give them a Ride On as it'll show you who's riding on you'r friends list

JLaw

Veteran
Tuesday's KISS Zwift race was a slightly longer, mostly flat course around Watopia. With a primarily flat course "C" was the most appropriate group for me (2.5W/kg to 3.19 W/kg), which meant 3 laps.

My goal was to see if I could get a feel for the draft -- racing was absolutely secondary. So not surprisingly, I latched onto a group of a dozen or so riders for the first lap. I didn't take many pulls and was consciously trying to make sure I didn't overshoot the group for most of the lap. Couldn't say that I ever really felt the draft at all.

Sometime early on the 2nd lap the group had pulled away and I was left with a single rider nearby. We took turns pulling (his were longer than mine) for almost the whole lap. I'd heard somewhere that your avatar will "sit up" on your bike when you're at a suitable speed and in the draft. Sure enough I could see that occur consistently -- I suspect the visual cue is kindof lost when in a larger group. I was getting rather tired and could see another dozen or so in a group quickly catching up to us. So I let him go and latched onto the new group.

The last lap was holding on for dear life in the new group. We eventually caught the gent I rode with on the 2nd lap. With about 500ft to go I didn't have anything left when others started pouring on the power and I slogged my way to the finish.

I was content with getting an understanding of how to identify when I was in the draft. I was also content with the level of effort -- my legs were shot and I knew it. The final results aren't up yet, but I think I finished in the top 1/3rd of the C group, which is well beyond expectations.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I think I'm doing a kiss cat C race tomorrow. Quite long 32 miles but like you Jeff I'll be using drafting and race craft and see if I can stay with the main pack.

JLaw

Veteran
I think I'm doing a kiss cat C race tomorrow. Quite long 32 miles but like you Jeff I'll be using drafting and race craft and see if I can stay with the main pack.
The KISS EUR? I may try to make it myself. My recollection is you smoked me in every bkool handicap, so you would probably have no problem hanging with the C riders. I'll say hi if I'm able to join.

JLaw

Veteran
On the phone app you click on the name of the person you like then then from there you can text them or send them a "Ride On" click on ride on then they get a thumbs up which they see on screen.
you don't have to be riding i some times check to see who's riding and give them a Ride On as it'll show you who's riding on you'r friends list
I have no clue how folks give ride ons while racing.. but I saw many..

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
The KISS EUR? I may try to make it myself. My recollection is you smoked me in every bkool handicap, so you would probably have no problem hanging with the C riders. I'll say hi if I'm able to join.

You were on a kickr and I was using 'hyperdrive' Bkool Pro. We will be both on Kickr s The ride starts at 11am UK time I think.

bobinski

Legendary Member

Andy, you may be a bit fast for that given your watts. Still, good training regardless. 11am? Feel like skiving off work now^_^

bobinski

Legendary Member
I have no clue how folks give ride ons while racing.. but I saw many..
If you have an iPhone and Zwift link you tap the rider page 3 and get a button to give a ride on.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Tuesday's KISS Zwift race was a slightly longer, mostly flat course around Watopia. With a primarily flat course "C" was the most appropriate group for me (2.5W/kg to 3.19 W/kg), which meant 3 laps.

My goal was to see if I could get a feel for the draft -- racing was absolutely secondary. So not surprisingly, I latched onto a group of a dozen or so riders for the first lap. I didn't take many pulls and was consciously trying to make sure I didn't overshoot the group for most of the lap. Couldn't say that I ever really felt the draft at all.

Sometime early on the 2nd lap the group had pulled away and I was left with a single rider nearby. We took turns pulling (his were longer than mine) for almost the whole lap. I'd heard somewhere that your avatar will "sit up" on your bike when you're at a suitable speed and in the draft. Sure enough I could see that occur consistently -- I suspect the visual cue is kindof lost when in a larger group. I was getting rather tired and could see another dozen or so in a group quickly catching up to us. So I let him go and latched onto the new group.

The last lap was holding on for dear life in the new group. We eventually caught the gent I rode with on the 2nd lap. With about 500ft to go I didn't have anything left when others started pouring on the power and I slogged my way to the finish.

I was content with getting an understanding of how to identify when I was in the draft. I was also content with the level of effort -- my legs were shot and I knew it. The final results aren't up yet, but I think I finished in the top 1/3rd of the C group, which is well beyond expectations.

Excellent write up!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Andy, you may be a bit fast for that given your watts. Still, good training regardless. 11am? Feel like skiving off work now^_^
Car in for MOT so using it as an excuse ;) Feel a bit sluggish at the moment, hopefully Ill wake up for 11am

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Enjoyed my Kiss C race today, kept mainly in my comfort zone( just) Watts going from 200 to mid 350 to keep in the pack. I knew at some point the stronger riders were going to push on, this came with nearly 6 miles to go as we came over a series of rollers the pack strung out into a line and the front runners were off. I settled into a pack of 4 and we hung together and settled it in a sprint, which i misjudged and left it with 100 metres to go. I took 2 riders on the line but the other guy had too much of a lead. Very pleased with an 8th and first rider with 50+ The reality of group riding is spot on, if you drift off the back its god damn hard to get back on.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Enjoyed my Kiss C race today, kept mainly in my comfort zone( just) Watts going from 200 to mid 350 to keep in the pack. I knew at some point the stronger riders were going to push on, this came with nearly 6 miles to go as we came over a series of rollers the pack strung out into a line and the front runners were off. I settled into a pack of 4 and we hung together and settled it in a sprint, which i misjudged and left it with 100 metres to go. I took 2 riders on the line but the other guy had too much of a lead. Very pleased with an 8th and first rider with 50+ The reallity of group riding is spot on, if you drift off the back its god damn hard to get back on.

Excellent! And well done.

And i agree, if you are spat out the back its a huge struggle to get back on.

I am going to do the PAC Social tonight knowing it will be 2.5w/kg and so a nice training ride. Looking to race this weekend.

JLaw

Veteran
You were on a kickr and I was using 'hyperdrive' Bkool Pro. We will be both on Kickr s The ride starts at 11am UK time I think.
Different KISS race. I'm trying to jump into KISS EUR today, but it depends on my meeting ending on-time.

[edit] Of course being a meeting it ran late.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Really nice PAC social ride tonight. Over 200 riders. Pace about 2.5w/kg so hardly broke a sweat so a great recovery ride at an average 37kph. I used discord so listened to and tried to join in with the banter of a group mainly comprising sweepers. So I got to listen to them keeping an eye on those that got dropped and then taking turns to ride with them back to the group. It's pretty impressive watching an online ride dynamic work in such a positive way and finally being part of a huge group that finishes the ride together topped off with a sprint up the volcano.

Top Bottom