Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I think I was one of the ones in front of you who let the elastic snap. Started off badly when I couldn’t find my HRM - so my heart wasn’t fully in it (excuse the pun) plus the 000/100 excuse rating of run bike bike race was playing on my mind as well 😭. Once I got the first lap done I was feeling ok but there wasn’t much time for recovery at all. Lap 2 felt really good, but then lap 3 coming out of the volcano I could see a couple of riders had attacked off the front and the whole group was strung out. I couldn’t get back and the legs said no as we hit the esses. Glad of some company for the rest
Ah, hard luck. It was one of those races where if you were badly positioned or didn't quite have it in the legs at a few key moments on those short uphill sections, it was game over in terms of staying with the leading group. I feel for you because I have been on the wrong side of the split in those circumstances many times myself! (Well, last week for starters!)

I saw on ZP you got DQ'd for no HRM - you should be able to appeal that and get reinstated right?

bridgy

Legendary Member
Ugh. Signed up for and got into the pens for the 3R race today with Steve and one other CC member. Was fiddling with the music on my tablet, hit the wrong button closing the zwift companion app, which disconnected all my sensors. O(*&@$

Sorry guys...
Hard luck - really annoying 😕

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I felt pretty ok tonight. First time I’ve raced recently feeling like I had a bit of zip. Unfortunately it ran out before the finish line but it was fun while it lasted 😄. Sweating so badly on my phone it took a few random photos during the race. @IrishAl you’re such a cagey racer I can never tell when you’re on the brink of unleashing an attack or whether you’re cream crackered. I guess today it was the latter. As I’ve said to @bridgy more than once...no good will come from running!

steverob

Guru
Odd sort of race for me - didn't really feel like I could keep a consistent pace. Kept on surging, then falling back, then surging again, unable to settle on any sort of rhythm. But I was doing okay race-wise, so I'm not going to knock it.

Feared the worst early on when despite my best efforts to stay with a group, everybody completely splintered on the first run through the Esses and it looked like it was going to be a long solo ride. Eventually about five of us coalesced approaching the sprint banner and a few more joined from behind us over the next few miles, finally giving us a decent enough sized group as we went up into the volcano. Eventually our size paid off and with the extra draft we were able to pull back the next (smaller) group on the road, giving us even more speed. This was great for me because neither of my rivals from the last few weeks had made this pack, so I was now pulling away from them with every pedal stroke.

Was surprised that given what happened on the first lap, the group didn't immediately pull apart on the Esses each lap - we did stretch into a long snake, but everyone seemed to bunch back together on the flat again. But by the time we hit the penultimate lap, I was starting to struggle and fall further towards the back of the group each time there was a small rise and it was no surprise that I got dropped with just over a lap to go - tried to sprint back on but was getting distanced regardless.

Spent 20 seconds or so riding at a recovery pace, thinking that as the next nearest riders were over 50 seconds behind me, I was in little danger over being overtaken. Then I remembered that this race series is about time, not position and realised I had to step up my efforts again if I wanted to maintain/increase my overall gap over my rivals. Managed not to lose too much time in the end - think I had a lead of about 2:15 over the guy I needed to beat when I got dropped and managed to keep 1:50 of that at the finish line.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I felt pretty ok tonight. First time I’ve raced recently feeling like I had a bit of zip. Unfortunately it ran out before the finish line but it was fun while it lasted 😄. Sweating so badly on my phone it took a few random photos during the race. @IrishAl you’re such a cagey racer I can never tell when you’re on the brink of unleashing an attack or whether you’re cream crackered. I guess today it was the latter. As I’ve said to @bridgy more than once...no good will come from running!
great results for you and Bridgy. I also saw Steen out front for a bit and he didn’t finish too far behind Michael and me. It’s a very strong line up of riders in all categories - 150 starters, 120 finishers in B.
I think your right about the running 😃

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Al are you signed up to do it with team Ireland? I only ask because I’d rather just make a team of pals if possible. Alternately could we get a Cyclechat team going under the team Ireland banner? If neither it’s possible no worries mate.
Hear ya Tommy. I’d be happy to form a CycleChat team either as a stand-alone CC team or under an IRL banner. We have a good group of B riders here and as you say it’s more fun racing with a group of pals. Although the rules haven’t been posted yet I’d imagine We don’t even need to full compliment of 6 riders each week as it’s likely that team results will be best 3 or 4 places in each team. Our other Bs might be interested too?? @bridgy @Brusgaard @Brendan Parker @mjd1988 @Del C @peterob @Alongo @Spartak

@Ketty your probably right about getting enough Cyclechat C riders. You’d be welcome to join up with the IRL crew - best bet is to join the Facebook group and there’s a post by a chap called Richie Sheerin looking for C riders.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Hear ya Tommy. I’d be happy to form a CycleChat team either as a stand-alone CC team or under an IRL banner. We have a good group of B riders here and as you say it’s more fun racing with a group of pals. Although the rules haven’t been posted yet I’d imagine We don’t even need to full compliment of 6 riders each week as it’s likely that team results will be best 3 or 4 places in each team. Our other Bs might be interested too?? @bridgy @Brusgaard @Brendan Parker @mjd1988 @Del C @peterob @Alongo @Spartak

@Ketty your probably right about getting enough Cyclechat C riders. You’d be welcome to join up with the IRL crew - best bet is to join the Facebook group and there’s a post by a chap called Richie Sheerin looking for C riders.
I'd by up for riding in a CC team for either the Tuesday or Friday leagues you mentioned - happy to go with the flow in terms of which one most people can do

Yep I’d be up for a CC team. I think I read somewhere you are allowed to register 10 riders for a team in the same cat. You can then pick and choose 6 or more but only from that 10.

edit. The 10 rider limit is for premier league only. Which I’m assuming WILL be us 🤨

Last edited:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
@IrishAl - do you know you've been reinstated on the ZP results for last night's race but in CAT A instead of CAT B?
For some reason I can’t see any events in Zwiftpower. I did manage to record heart rate data on Strava through my Apple Watch and I sent the organiser that data. It sounds like they listened but out me in the wrong Cat ☹️. Looking at our times we must be close in GC terms

bridgy

Legendary Member
For some reason I can’t see any events in Zwiftpower. I did manage to record heart rate data on Strava through my Apple Watch and I sent the organiser that data. It sounds like they listened but out me in the wrong Cat ☹. Looking at our times we must be close in GC terms
Yeah probably quite close now - but I haven't worked it out! Probably worth dropping them another message as you're definitley showing in the Cat A results:

Top Bottom