Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
There could be no better reason for a CC meet up in Glasgow than a UCI worlds with our very own @Norry1 competing, could there?!

mjd1988

Guru
There could be no better reason for a CC meet up in Glasgow than a UCI worlds with our very own @Norry1 competing, could there?!

No pressure @Norry1 !

Norry1

Legendary Member
Very interesting. Is your outside sprint better than your indoor sprint by much out of interest? 1200w would be a monster w/kg sprint for you, watching with interest. I know @straas was looking at building his sprint pOwer.

I'm getting so jealous of all the dogs, we've been talking about one for years but shift work is a bit of a nusiance

Yes my outside stuff is better across the board than inside. My best outside 5 second power is 1008W and my inside is 872W. The 1200W 10 second target was Roy's suggestion not mine (gulp).

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Also worth mentioning - although I'm sure people already noticed - is that when you go into the Club in the App, there's a section called 'Club Activities' which shows sessions of all members - regardless of whether they're on your follow list (I think).

alex_cycles

Veteran
Also worth mentioning - although I'm sure people already noticed - is that when you go into the Club in the App, there's a section called 'Club Activities' which shows sessions of all members - regardless of whether they're on your follow list (I think).
Yes, I'd spotted that. It was probably flagged somewhere in the small print of something nobody ever reads. I suppose the thinking is that if you're in the same club as someone, you wouldn't be bothered about them seeing your activities, but it is something to be aware of, for sure.
(Along similar lines to Strava's auto-opt-in of "flyby", which they had to walk back, rendering flyby almost completely useless because only about 10 people opted back in :wacko:)

steverob

Guru
I believe the thing behind the Club drop-down box is that once it gets fully rolled out and people belong to multiple Clubs, there will be some sort of "Club XP" and before you start a ride you will be able to pick which club (or none) gets the benefit of your miles. That way it's not just about who has the most members join their club, but who gets the most miles logged under their club's name or something.

alex_cycles

Veteran
I believe the thing behind the Club drop-down box is that once it gets fully rolled out and people belong to multiple Clubs, there will be some sort of "Club XP" and before you start a ride you will be able to pick which club (or none) gets the benefit of your miles. That way it's not just about who has the most members join their club, but who gets the most miles logged under their club's name or something.
We'll have to start talking about my salary soon then :laugh:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Speaking about new features - I just watched that new GCN clip where they take the rower, cyclist and a German. Found some info online that Zwift planned to add rowing but never did. What's up with that?

Top Bottom