1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zwift, Bkool splitter chat :)

Discussion in 'Virtual Training: Bkool, Zwift, CycleOps & others' started by CXRAndy, 6 Mar 2017.

Tags:
  1. JLaw

JLaw Über Member

Yea, that 30 day best thing is pretty lame, it's just way too short. Ideally it'd be configurable.

2. bobinski

bobinski Guru

That’s really reassuring. I have been known to act a bit eccentric so those leg squats should be a cinch :okay:

3. Soarerv8

Soarerv8 Über Member

Well after all this time of taking the p*** out of your knee I had better shut up.

Been doing some work with a hip and knee msk consultant who is championing some fairly exciting work. Happy to pass his details on, PM me if of any help.

4. bobinski

bobinski Guru

Hah!
    Thanks mate. I may take you up on that once I have the scan images.

5. Ryan lawman

Ryan lawman Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your knee Bob . Do not know of this ist of any convinence But i was having trouble with my knee jumping all over the place under pressure .tryed everything from saddle to kleets . Nothing worked then i got my feet measured Up for insouls .where they Said one Leg longer then the Others so i got one insole built Up 6 mm more then the other and it seems to be better . Probely know more once my season gets underway and my rides get harder ..

bobinski likes this.
  6. bobinski

bobinski Guru

Hi Ryan, thanks and I hope the inserts work for you. I have a leg discrepancy too but fortunately less than your 6mm! Custom insoles really worked for me stopped the knee tracking out so much especially under power. I reckon I have done all I can bike fit etc wise so time to work on the weaker supporting muscles and find a way around what is after all a common knee problem for aging cyclists. I think that is the thing that hurt the most when the consultants said that if I was in my 20’s even 30’s they would probably advise surgery but not at my age:laugh: buggers!

7. OP
    OP
    CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

Knackers yard Bob?

It's not great news about your knee, but you probably already knew due to the length of time and without a permanent relief solution. All the best with rehabilitation mate

bobinski likes this.
  8. bobinski

bobinski Guru

:laugh:

Yeah, I did but was trying to ignore it.
    Thanks Andy. I am strangely optimistic.

9. Norry1

Norry1 Veteran

Good luck with the knee Bob. Injuries are so frustrating.

I also got my rejection from RideLondon. I've done it 3 times so not too miffed. Makes me look for a suitable alternative :smile:

bobinski likes this.
  10. LBHIFI

LBHIFI Über Member

So frustrating when body is in the way of the mind :sad:. Despite your long term knee problems, you seem to have managed to gain fitness anyway, and I bet you'll probably find a way to continue to do so.

11. bobinski

bobinski Guru

Thanks Lars. I know you had a tough season last year. Look forward to meeting you at the Tour of Cambridge

LBHIFI likes this.
  12. bobinski

bobinski Guru

Come and join some of us for a night ride along the course.

13. LBHIFI

LBHIFI Über Member

I noticed a strange thing when I rode a Zwift group ride the other day. When I stood up to stretch the legs, just for a second, I seeped down through the peleton very fast, and It was almost like I was already dropped. I had to work hard for a long time to stop the "seeping". I think that is what have got me dropped in the races so far.
    Are you guys experiencing the same?

14. bobinski

bobinski Guru

The only time I experienced something similar was in a fast ride where I had already begun to ease on the power and then reached for a drink and by time I got it to my lips, 2 seconds, I was out the back. Pace was probably 40kph plus.

15. OP
    OP
    CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

I've noticed on a long ride that I stopped pedalling for just a few seconds I went from the front of the peleton to near the back and had to work hard to regain my position. I think it's the draft affect, if you don't keep the power up, it drops you from the benefits. a bit like a flywheel, once upto speed it's easy to stay there but hard work if you let it drop in momentum.