Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Oh, nothing to do with your woes specifically. I just prefer mechanical.

I'm building a new bike and it's going to be fully mechanical and rim brake. Will definitely trigger some people :laugh:

Thanks, it was a fun ride. Having power definitely helped me stay calm and not overdo it. Still had plenty to give at the end. Bigger cassette wouldn't hurt.

If you know what you're doing, and can sort a mechanical problem, then it probably makes little sense going electric gears ... I just couldn't even seem to get the gear indexed, and always struggle to find the right gear riding .... but now I have Di2 it;s easier for me.

So I've paid a fortune as I don't know what I'm doing :laugh:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I'm paying £1,450 for 12 speed Ultegra Di2 fitted.

Dura Ace was quoted at £2,950 fitted.

Anyone want a second hand 2019 Dura Ace Groupset?

The difference is negligible, actually the Ultegra being heavier crankset are stronger. Oh and half the price 😀

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I'm paying £1,450 for 12 speed Ultegra Di2 fitted.

Dura Ace was quoted at £2,950 fitted.

Anyone want a second hand 2019 Dura Ace Groupset?
Ah feck. I would have been 2 months ago! Now I have everything.
The difference is negligible, actually the Ultegra being heavier crankset are stronger. Oh and half the price 😀
How are the new Shimano cranks holding up? Are they made of paper like the previous generation?

I got Rotor for the new build.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Ah feck. I would have been 2 months ago! Now I have everything.

How are the new Shimano cranks holding up? Are they made of paper like the previous generation?

I got Rotor for the new build.

I've personally never had problems either using Ultegra or Deore crankset . I've seen Durace with broken spider section.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I bought my Roubaix for less than that in 2019. I've done 18,000 miles on it and still delighted with it.
Probably can't get a half-reasonable new road bike for less than £2-3k now. Went to the local Trek shop a while back. Their cheapest bike was £3k but that had no electronic gears on. :eek:
And those 2.5k bikes still come with entry level wheels. It's just silly.

I suffered a Shimano crank hollow tech failure ,all replaced under warranty ,but due to the supply chain issues due to COVID the replacement took 18 months to arrive
That's how long Martin will have to wait for replacement if he smashes the derailleur ;):laugh: Good motivation to be careful.

JuhaL

Guru
I suffered a Shimano crank hollow tech failure ,all replaced under warranty ,but due to the supply chain issues due to COVID the replacement took 18 months to arrive

That’s a long time to wait. I have lived in a thought that availability of Shimano parts is much better than 2-years ago but i guess not. I order my Tarmac SL7 in January 2021, it was build for the framekit. It took about 4-moths to have all the Shimano parts. I had already Power2max powermeter so i didn’t have to wait crankset, then it would take bit longer to wait.

13 rider

Guru
That’s a long time to wait. I have lived in a thought that availability of Shimano parts is much better than 2-years ago but i guess not. I order my Tarmac SL7 in January 2021, it was build for the framekit. It took about 4-moths to have all the Shimano parts. I had already Power2max powermeter so i didn’t have to wait crankset, then it would take bit longer to wait.
It was during the worst time of delays . I could have got different length cranks much quicker but run a left crank power meter so needed an exact match . Also during the that time Shimano launched 12 speed so some manufurering capacity was taken up with that meaning reduced availablity of 11 speed

JuhaL

Guru
It was during the worst time of delays . I could have got different length cranks much quicker but run a left crank power meter so needed an exact match . Also during the that time Shimano launched 12 speed so some manufurering capacity was taken up with that meaning reduced availablity of 11 speed

It happens, that is something what customer can't always predict. When I was looking for new Tarmac I was planning factory build bike but there wasn't availability at all, because of COVID. Only option was custom build bike. Bikeshop had a frame kit already but parts was need to order. Lucky for me I had my bike just when outdoor season started.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Didn’t think I was going to be able to make good on this, but the weather cleared up a bit after lunch and I went out for my first road ride of the year.

I’m in a similar boat to you with young children etc, and loving the turn of the season and getting out a little.

Think I’m on approx 6 outdoor rides (excluding commute and utility), but not having a huge number of opportunities really helps to make the most of them doesn’t it 🙂

Top Bottom