Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Have done a bit of the academy. Well FTP, workout #6 and a group ride. Loving it to be honest. Have a kickr on order should be here this weekend? Prob need another ftp when it does arrive?
When/how do you guys hook up?
WE haven't been actively choosing rides together, just happens sometimes that we end up on the same ride. If I'm racing I'll post up on here and see who is interested. As I WFH a lot I can tend to ride at about 5 or 6 o'clock, and often see @Norry1 on at that time (he keeps beating me :B)).

I think as more of us are moving over we could start to organise racing together along the lines of what we did on Bkool .... Tuesday/Thursday 6 or 7 oclock if suitable routes can be found.

Good luck on the Kickr when it comes ..... you'll notice lower watts, but may not notice much lower speeds (hopefully)

Norry1

Legendary Member
Out of curiosity do they have to be completed in order? I done #6 today my first after ftp and group ride?

I think you can do them in any order

Norry1

Legendary Member
#2 was hard, but I completed it 100%. #1 was the hardest for me - failed the 2 x 4 min blocks, and surprisingly, one of the recovery blocks :wacko:

Norry1

Legendary Member
#2 was hard, but I completed it 100%. #1 was the hardest for me - failed the 2 x 4 min blocks, and surprisingly, one of the recovery blocks :wacko:

Norry1

Legendary Member

Norry1

Legendary Member

Whorty

For #1 I had to knock the effort down to 90% to complete . Only way I could gain all stars

bobinski

Legendary Member
WE haven't been actively choosing rides together, just happens sometimes that we end up on the same ride. If I'm racing I'll post up on here and see who is interested. As I WFH a lot I can tend to ride at about 5 or 6 o'clock, and often see @Norry1 on at that time (he keeps beating me :B)).

I think as more of us are moving over we could start to organise racing together along the lines of what we did on Bkool .... Tuesday/Thursday 6 or 7 oclock if suitable routes can be found.

Good luck on the Kickr when it comes ..... you'll notice lower watts, but may not notice much lower speeds (hopefully)

One of the strong zsun racers moved from a pro to a kickr 2 and found a drop in power and speed. Interestingly, it took only a few weeks, possibly slightly longer, to bridge the difference. He recognised he had to work harder but suggested he pedaled more-if that makes sense. So, less coasting , more a continuous effort on , a concentration on cadence on the Kickr. So, he became just as quick as before. It just took a bit more effort and a concentration on technique.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Workout #3 done. Quads felt it a bit - but not very hard :smile:

Whorty

Workout #3 done. Quads felt it a bit - but not very hard :smile:
I had just finished #2 when i joined you. I found that very hard .... I failed one of the 26 stars.

1 problem i find with the training plans when in ERG mode, is that if the cadence drops (e.g. you struggle on a set and stop pedaling for a second or 2) it's almost impossible to get going again. Even pushing 300+ watts and you can't get the pedals turned over. Then suddenly the resistance eases and you can get back into a good cadence again.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
20180818_182126.jpg

Top Bottom