Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Should be good for me :okay: Is it flat

Mainly - Volcano circuit CCW 7 laps.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I might just join you whorty :smile:. Just about finished building my fixed gear. Maybe I’ll put up some pics later if I can escape the house for a maiden voyage. Now... front brake or no front brake, that is the question :rolleyes:
Yeah, i'd say front brake too. If you're going to ride on roads then you'd be silly not to, given the incident at Old Street where that guy ran into and killed that woman last year.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Yeah it wasn’t a question I was genuinely posing. I’m not sure my knees can even handle fixed anymore to be honest. It’s been a while....
Go SS rather than fixed, choose a nice spinning gear and you'll be fine. Even I can get up 7-8% inclines on my SS, it's just a matter of choosing a gear that suits and doesn't destroy your knees. You'll love ToC on a SS, especially when you beat those around you who have geared bikes :okay:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Should be good for me :okay: Is it flat
:rolleyes:

Is her name Voss? :surrender:
I just did the kindle search and I don't think it says her last name. Alice is her first name. Screenshot_2018-08-19-07-07-22.png

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Go SS rather than fixed, choose a nice spinning gear and you'll be fine. Even I can get up 7-8% inclines on my SS, it's just a matter of choosing a gear that suits and doesn't destroy your knees. You'll love ToC on a SS, especially when you beat those around you who have geared bikes :okay:

I’m going to ride fixed for a while and see how the knee likes it. It’s a very different feeling when you feel like you’re locked into the rear wheel. But in honestly I can see myself ending up ss which is lots of fun too!
I’ll defo put a front brake on it either way. The handlebars I’ve put on aren’t narrow enough in diameter to allow for the brake lever I’ve bought which is a little annoying... so back to the drawing board there.

Side issue but the old street accident is an interesting one for me. It’s quite an interesting case for loads of reasons. I’m defintely an advocate for having brakes but I genuinely don’t think it made any difference that day if you read how it actually played out. But it was of course very tragic none the less, and allowed for lots of good debate around road safety.

Probably a conversation for another day :smile:

Top Bottom