Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
how was the real world ? i hear there be metal monsters !
:eek: I've never understood the saying 'Having eyes up ye bum'. I think I do now :blink:.

Although I rode a flat route the hill I have to ride up to get home was done in one so good there :smile:. Now I must get the miles in and weight off in prep for ToC.

:bicycle:.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
:eek: I've never understood the saying 'Having eyes up ye bum'. I think I do now :blink:.

Although I rode a flat route the hill I have to ride up to get home was done in one so good there :smile:. Now I must get the miles in and weight off in prep for ToC.

Steadily build up the miles 20,30,40, etc adding 5 miles per long ride per week. Ride mainly in zone 2 hr . Eat/ drink a little every 15 mins. Consume about 500-750mil water per hour . Try not to eat, sugary foods until late on in ride. Have savoury type foods you like and can carry easily. It helps train the body to use more fat than rely on fast sugar carbs

uclown2002

Guru
Likely before 1 December and you may be pleased to know that all major race organisers will adopt it.

ZP-Historic-Category-011218.png

bugno

special pricing for neo 2017 model ... but they all say that in order to use with pc/windows I need to spend another 200 Euro roughly for Tacx SW ?

Is this really true ? If so, it seems to be a Neo/Tacx thing only as I have not seen this for other trainers.

(I do NOT intend to use iphone/ipad ... always laptop in from of me)

Ended up buying an Elite Direto (some super sale Sunday 3 days ago for 5200 DKK, 690 Euro plus 20% off cassettes). Delivered today.

You gotta love Italien manuals and customer service - it has its charme ;)

Works now though and runs like a dream. Never tried direct before .... different world !

bridgy

Legendary Member
I checked Strava segments.

There isn't s complete lap segment, but there is a 4.5 mile segment that I used.
There's way too many segments been created on Strava but if you have a search (and they may be in the hidden segments), there is this for the first lap starting from the pier - https://www.strava.com/activities/1962848977/segments/49460731148, and this for the remaining 3 laps which worked well for me - https://www.strava.com/segments/12136784?filter=my_results&gender=all

Using these, my lap times were:

Lap 1: 14.49 / 173bpm / 311w
Lap 2: 15.09 / 174bpm / 285w
Lap 3 15.22 / 173bpm / 275w
Lap 4 15.33 / 173bpm / 266w

Very consistent effort in terms of heart rate then, but gradual drop in watts - still some work to do on mastering the Chris Froome negative split technique then!

bobinski

Legendary Member
C weight A ftp makes for a slow rider :laugh:.

Yeah, you might want to eat some of those salads you were recommending :tongue:

@theboxers .
For me this VR cycling world is great fun and a perfect way to try to stay motivated but the most euphoric joy I get is when I'm in moderately good shape and find my self pedaling along without even thinking about the effort. It may be brain chemistry but it is a weird feeling like nothing else.
Add a tailwind and a bakery on the route and it's as close to paradise you can get in this world.

theboxers

Steadily build up the miles 20,30,40, etc adding 5 miles per long ride per week. Ride mainly in zone 2 hr . Eat/ drink a little every 15 mins. Consume about 500-750mil water per hour . Try not to eat, sugary foods until late on in ride. Have savoury type foods you like and can carry easily. It helps train the body to use more fat than rely on fast sugar carbs
I just need to get back into the habit of riding again. I've had a very crap 3 months (the last being possibly the worst of my life) and now need to 'get back on the horse' so to speak.

@theboxers
For me this VR cycling world is great fun and a perfect way to try to stay motivated but the most euphoric joy I get is when I'm in moderately good shape and find my self pedaling along without even thinking about the effort. It may be brain chemistry but it is a weird feeling like nothing else.
Add a tailwind and a bakery on the route and it's as close to paradise you can get in this world.
I must have been riding in a cyclone yesterday. Headwind going out, headwind coming back :bicycle::angry::laugh:

Good news I've just broken my Zwift ...........
Not too bad, but my, I am way out of shape compared to what I was and that wasn't great to start with :laugh:

theboxers

You and me both then. Lost 30-40 watts on FTP over the summer ... put on a few pounds as well that don't want to shift at all :sad: Finally getting MoJo back though, and starting to enjoy the pain cave again, and even IRL cycling.
I had a 220-230 ftp in BRVR on the climbs. Zwift is telling me after 1 ride I am at 166 :cry:.

As I said I need to get back into the habit (no not that one). Once I get going again I think I'll be on it. But until then it's gonna hurt :blink::cry:

Top Bottom