Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Didn't do a group ride in the end i was going up and down ladders and steps all day and my legs felt like i went up the alp on zwift :wacko: and bloody knackered, will join in the next race.

peterob

Veteran
Well done fellow GCN racers - here's how we finished :

View attachment 439737

Wow great power there @peterob :notworthy:. And Lee you beat me on the (mostly) flat :angry: - we were really close again but I didn't see you, or any other CCers at all
Cheers Pasul. I didn't see any cyclechatters either.

I felt strong for the first lap and went off like a bat out of hell (I think not cycling back from work today provided me with some initial energy) but paid for it later and couldn't muster a sprint :wacko:

Well done all :bravo:

That's the first time I've not been amongst the very last of the A's since Zwift put me in there! ^_^

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well done fellow GCN racers - here's how we finished :

View attachment 439737

Wow great power there @peterob :notworthy:. And Lee you beat me on the (mostly) flat :angry: - we were really close again but I didn't see you, or any other CCers at all

I started the first climb 309th, got to 295, then got dropped to 340th, worked my way back 300 and got mugged on the final climb before the finish, back to 340 clawed a few places to the finish line. I dug in a bit more this time and legs were slightly stronger. I never saw anyone from CC, i must start stronger ave-325W for the first mile isnt enough:wacko:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Big turnout tonight nearly 1000 overall starting and over 200 in B. category

I wouldn't call that flat Paul, bumpy fairer description

Last edited:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I started the first climb 309th, got to 295, then got dropped to 340th, worked my way back 300 and got mugged on the final climb before the finish, back to 340 clawed a few places to the finish line. I dug in a bit more this time and legs were slightly stronger. I never saw anyone from CC, i must start stronger ave-325W for the first mile isnt enough:wacko:

I hit the climb at around 232 and dropped all the way back to 328. :wacko: I hate it when those climbs hit me early in the race. Third lap I was finally able to hang on to my group over the climb, but I guess everyone else was toast as well. :smile:

Didn't see any CC's either until after the race in the rankings. Finished at place 276 overall (118 in Cat B on ZP), which is OK, considering that failure on the first climb.

You can watch the recording at my Youtube channel, but it is currently still being processed. So parts are missing.

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Join the queue. My Brothers have said I'm to be their wind shield. If that is the case they have to stay with me, I'm not waiting :laugh:
I'll be on my SS, so I'll be working hard to stay with you geared boys ... so I'll be looking for all the drafting I can get :bicycle: My target is an ave speed of 16 mph - hope I'm not being too optimistic :cry:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I'll be on my SS, so I'll be working hard to stay with you geared boys ... so I'll be looking for all the drafting I can get :bicycle: My target is an ave speed of 16 mph - hope I'm not being too optimistic :cry:
I've told them to aim for 28kmh whilst they train. That'll mean a 6 hour plus ride for the 100 mile route including stops. I take it there will be signage for the shorter routes as we go along that they or I can bail to if required :whistle:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I've told them to aim for 28kmh whilst they train. That'll mean a 6 hour plus ride for the 100 mile route including stops. I take it there will be signage for the shorter routes as we go along that they or I can bail to if required :whistle:

I would suggest,dont aim for a speed but instead set physical targets, keep heart rate in zone 2 and keep cadence 90+ for a least the first half. If you try amd hit a speed and find it too taxing physically you will blow up

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I would suggest,dont aim for a speed but instead set physical targets, keep heart rate in zone 2 and keep cadence 90+ for a least the first half. If you try amd hit a speed and find it too taxing physically you will blow up
Good call, but I've got to get them to understand the workload for that speed. Once they can hold the line for a while I can get them to adjust the targets to HR and Cadence. Trying to explain to non cyclists the need to maintain a 90+ cadence, when they struggle to do 75, for recovery and endurance purposes is hard :laugh:. I know I've been there.

They both are calling me the beast as I can currently outperform them even though they are younger and lighter :rofl:.

JLaw

Veteran
Took 2nd in the KISS EUR D again today. Just 2 laps on Watopia flat. It felt as if my HR was jacked up the entire race, but in the end the average was only 3bpm higher and peak was just 1bpm higher. I always seemed to be just about to be spit out the back of the group. Thankfully I was able to hold on and the group kept reeling in anyone that went off the front (with the exception of two riders that were clearly sandbagging). Those little 2-3 rider groups didn't stand much of a chance of getting away from 15+. They might pull several seconds ahead, but it's just not sustainable unless the groups are more even in terms of size.

I just didn't have a sprint in me, though I did make my way past a goodly number in the pack with a half-hearted attempt. It looked like I was 3rd or 4th on the road, so presumably a couple of the riders aren't on ZP.

In other news my kidney surgery is scheduled for Jan 22. So I've got ~8 weeks to have fun before I'm banned from the bike for a little while. Surgeon essentially said I could race/ride up until the day before surgery -- I just have to make sure I'm hydrating well.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I hit the climb at around 232 and dropped all the way back to 328. :wacko: I hate it when those climbs hit me early in the race. Third lap I was finally able to hang on to my group over the climb, but I guess everyone else was toast as well. :smile:

Didn't see any CC's either until after the race in the rankings. Finished at place 276 overall (118 in Cat B on ZP), which is OK, considering that failure on the first climb.

You can watch the recording at my Youtube channel, but it is currently still being processed. So parts are missing.

Just watched the video Steen:okay:, Paul shot off from the start, Lee and I were just behind you, we both caught you on the first lap climb. After 6 miles or so you caught me up and went by. I remember the group passing me, I was solo, the group came by so fast I wasnt able to tag on and had to wait for another group to catch me and hold their wheels and that is where I pretty much stayed, yo-yo-ing positions around this pack.

Edit, You spent a fair amount of time riding with A Gough (velo one), he comes to our TT locally. He is not a C cat rider!

Its interesting to see a heavier rider being swallowed up on the climbs by lightweight riders soon as the gradient goes above 6%

Last edited:
Top Bottom