Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Today I completed the last Threshold workout on the FTP Builder plan (there's still an optional workout I can do today). I did way better than the similar workout last week and the one from earlier this week. I found a rhythm I could maintain in the higher power segments and It wasn't until the last 2 minutes of the last z4 segment that I really began to struggle.

I'm now taking a week off of any plans. I will be doing IRW rides for this week, if the weather holds. I'm taking the cube out for a relaxed ride tomorrow and then see how the rest of the week goes.

I'll look at doing the Gran Fondo plan leading up to the ToC ride. It has more longer workouts to get me built up for the 100 miler.

Glad I completed this plan. I still learning how to do these workouts for best effect. It can only get better from here, can't it?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Today I completed the last Threshold workout on the FTP Builder plan (there's still an optional workout I can do today). I did way better than the similar workout last week and the one from earlier this week. I found a rhythm I could maintain in the higher power segments and It wasn't until the last 2 minutes of the last z4 segment that I really began to struggle.

I'm now taking a week off of any plans. I will be doing IRW rides for this week, if the weather holds. I'm taking the cube out for a relaxed ride tomorrow and then see how the rest of the week goes.

I'll look at doing the Gran Fondo plan leading up to the ToC ride. It has more longer workouts to get me built up for the 100 miler.

Glad I completed this plan. I still learning how to do these workouts for best effect. It can only get better from here, can't it?
Think it’s a good idea to get out in real world , it is a bit different so it won’t do no harm to get used to the little changes

good luck - gonna give it a miss , been gardening all day hoping things would loosen up but just not playing ball at minute
Because @TurboTommy is off on another exotic vacation and isn't here to rate the "excessive gardening" excuse, I'll guess it rates a solid 9 out of 10. I'm sure he would agree grubbing in the dirt with a trowel is a very legitimate excuse.

Last edited:

JLaw

Veteran
1:01:17 handicapped time, which is 51:17 actual time for Gotham Grind 4 lap race (time taken from ZP results).

Can you update my time for stage 2 on the spreadsheet please @peterob

Thanks for the tip that this race course was being re-run @berty bassett - hope you don't end up regretting it but very sporting of you :thumbsup:
I didn't even see you fly by with the b group. I'd settled in with the slower C's by then.

peterob

Veteran
There were a number of league rides over the weekend so I've updated the table with the results. Please let me know if there are any others I may have missed.

@JLaw & @Alongo - I've added you to the league :welcome:

New Andy - I guessed that you're a Cat B rider on Zwift (and a good one at that if you were so close to Bridgy last week ^_^). If you can join Team Cyclechat within ZwiftPower it'll be easy for us to collate the results (and add Cyclechat to your name in Zwift if you haven't already done so, so that we can spot you in races).

HH.png

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
:eek: 28.49 miles, 2hrs 10min, 1890ft climbing and 194w avg. I don't believe the power as I had a sensor issue when I started and just wanted to get the ride going, so ignored it. Not too bad on the whole. I made an error in navigation and ended up going up a very, very steep hill, for me, in to Biggin Hill.

The Cube bike is a god send for me, used about 1/4 battery today. I can now attempt routes I'd probably have to walk before. However I am able to ride above the limiter speed on the flatter sections, so get little help on the 1-3% gradients that are short rollers.

Another ride tomorrow and day off Weds. Then see how I feel and prepare for the Zwift ramp test :eek:.

bridgy

Legendary Member

Norry1

Legendary Member

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I don't know about that - if you can get a similar time to me on Wednesday - which you're very capable of doing - we'll be neck and neck with just the Alpe to go where you have a clear advantage. Still all to play for!
you live in a dream world :eek: 9 mins !!! if i could claw back anything - and its a big if , it would only be seconds ! - unless your planning a snapped chain or something - one sporting gesture deserves another :whistle::okay:

Top Bottom