Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
Here the weather is been too good too for indoor sessions. Yesterday sun toast as +32°C right in afternoon. Indoor training is torture to me when sun burn like that, can't cool myself enough with floor fan. Today i will do service to my bike, wash it and lubricate all the bearings and freehub.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well, it's clear that "Road to Sky" doesn't work properly as a meet-up because that's the second time we've done it and the second time it's sent us all off in different directions! The first time I thought it was becuase I'd added mileage to the standard route in order to include the descent but this time I just chose the standard route and it did it again. I was stuck on the hilly loop but not going to the Alpe, so after riding around like that for half an hour (just to see what would happen) I quit the meetup and navigated to teh Alpe manually. This meant I didn't hit the base of the Alpe until after nearly an hour of riding.

The original plan was we'd use the Road to Sky segment for the league time because this was the meet0up segment selected, but obviously this all went a bit wrong and some of us did extra distance in the lead in - I don't know if anyone last night just quit the meet up and started again, which in hindsight was probably the sensible thing to do? However, as it happens all three of us who finished last night (@rob01792 , it looks like you bailed on the way up?) did actually end up riding the full "Road to Sky (Zwift Insider Verified)" segment, so @berty bassett and @Milzy are you still OK with this segment being used for the time despite the confusion last night?

If so, the times were:
Lee: 1:02:36
Adam: 1:05:47
Paul: 1:08:02

I wasn't really going full gas on the lead-in myself but oh well - not sure I want to do it again!! I did go as hard as I could on the climb but legs weren't playing ball really (been aching all week for some reason) and I was 3.5 minutes slower and 12 watts less than my best time on the Neo - but considering the extended lead-in and how I was feeling it could have been a lot worse!

Well done to Lee and Adam for excellent times both :notworthy:

Milzy

Guru
As with Lars I like the alpe but the weather is so nice at the moment. I’m working from home too so I can get out during the day sometimes.

@Milzy what is your strava name? I’m Thomas Burton. Seems you’ve pipped my alpe time by 2 seconds :headshake:. Of course when I set that time it was only a zone 2 training ride :reading:
Adam Mills. Add me. That was lucky then. I want a sub 50 but could take 8 weeks.

Milzy

Guru
Well, it's clear that "Road to Sky" doesn't work properly as a meet-up because that's the second time we've done it and the second time it's sent us all off in different directions! The first time I thought it was becuase I'd added mileage to the standard route in order to include the descent but this time I just chose the standard route and it did it again. I was stuck on the hilly loop but not going to the Alpe, so after riding around like that for half an hour (just to see what would happen) I quit the meetup and navigated to teh Alpe manually. This meant I didn't hit the base of the Alpe until after nearly an hour of riding.

The original plan was we'd use the Road to Sky segment for the league time because this was the meet0up segment selected, but obviously this all went a bit wrong and some of us did extra distance in the lead in - I don't know if anyone last night just quit the meet up and started again, which in hindsight was probably the sensible thing to do? However, as it happens all three of us who finished last night (@rob01792 , it looks like you bailed on the way up?) did actually end up riding the full "Road to Sky (Zwift Insider Verified)" segment, so @berty bassett and @Milzy are you still OK with this segment being used for the time despite the confusion last night?

If so, the times were:

I wasn't really going full gas on the lead-in myself but oh well - not sure I want to do it again!! I did go as hard as I could on the climb but legs weren't playing ball really (been aching all week for some reason) and I was 3.5 minutes slower and 12 watts less than my best time on the Neo - but considering the extended lead-in and how I was feeling it could have been a lot worse!

I was thinking Alpe Zwift insider verified seg. I only tootled up to the start.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
As with Lars I like the alpe but the weather is so nice at the moment. I’m working from home too so I can get out during the day sometimes.

@Milzy what is your strava name? I’m Thomas Burton. Seems you’ve pipped my alpe time by 2 seconds :headshake:. Of course when I set that time it was only a zone 2 training ride :reading:
:popcorn: :laugh:

Whorty

If so, the times were:

May have a go today or tomorrow ... I'll do the same segment too but given I've climbed over 3000 mtrs since last Friday I may not have a lot of climbing left in the legs (is that a valid excuse?). My PB on that segment is 1:12 but that was averaging 250 watts which I don't have in my legs at the moment. Probably looking for at 1:17 which I did with an Ave watts of 230 (my BRVR climbing this past week has seen me climbing for an hour at that average).

Paul - you seemed to ride loads more than the segment. You really did take a detour!

bridgy

Legendary Member
I was thinking Alpe Zwift insider verified seg. I only tootled up to the start.
Oh, OK well so did I really (becuase of the confusion and my massive detour) so we could just use the climb if you prefer - I don't know if Lee will complain that he used lots of energy on the lead in, but he still did a very good time up the climb anyway!

If you're OK with that @berty bassett then we'll agree to just use the "Alpe Du Zwift (Zwift Insider Verified)" segment which is the main climb only - so bear this in mind anyone doing this stage separately.

If we just use the climb, times are:

Lee: 49:43
Adam: 51:16
Paul: 54:07

bridgy

Legendary Member
Paul - you seemed to ride loads more than the segment. You really did take a detour!
Yeah, I know! :cursing:

I kind of got in trouble for taking way longer than I'd said I would as I was meant to be helping my son with something - family didn't really understand my excuse that I got lost in Watopia though!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Adam Mills. Add me. That was lucky then. I want a sub 50 but could take 8 weeks.

Added! I think any time in the alpe is well earned rather than luck! :okay:

I’d like to go sub 50 too. That extra minute is going to take some effort for me though. I think if I get within 30 seconds or so I’ll put a more accurate weight into Zwift to see if that tips the balance. But I’m not sure how much more power I can put out.

Up until recently I was having a crack every Monday which was good fun. Me and the whippet are off to the alpes next week but when we return maybe we should try making it a regular thing? It’s defo an added motivator chasing or being chased.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I contacted Zwift to tell them about the problem with Meet-ups on the Road to Sky route, where the same problem of us all being sent in various different directions has now happened twice, and the reply I got was that I should check my internet connection :wacko:

I think they've taken on someone form Bkool's customer service department! :headshake:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Happy with whatever you decide - not really fair on you considering your detour - I may have jumped out of the starting blocks but I soon slowed down and I didn’t do the miles you did
Quite happy not to count it at all but up to you lot

bridgy

Legendary Member
Happy with whatever you decide - not really fair on you considering your detour - I may have jumped out of the starting blocks but I soon slowed down and I didn’t do the miles you did
Quite happy not to count it at all but up to you lot
Nah, it's fine, lets's go with just the climb then. Considering how I felt I was quite pleased with my effort even if it was a bit below par for me - but that I think is mostly down to how I'm feeling at the moment rather than the long detour itself.

@peterob could you update the league when you get a moment - the time we are using if anyone else wants to do it before next Thursday is just the Alpe climb so "Alpe Du Zwift (Zwift Insider Verified)" segment on Strava. Completed times so far:

Whorty

Nah, it's fine, lets's go with just the climb then. Considering how I felt I was quite pleased with my effort even if it was a bit below par for me - but that I think is mostly down to how I'm feeling at the moment rather than the long detour itself.

@peterob could you update the league when you get a moment - the time we are using if anyone else wants to do it before next Thursday is just the Alpe climb so "Alpe Du Zwift (Zwift Insider Verified)" segment on Strava. Completed times so far:
Just taken my meds so I'll be on about 5 tonight.

Milzy

Guru
Added! I think any time in the alpe is well earned rather than luck! :okay:

I’d like to go sub 50 too. That extra minute is going to take some effort for me though. I think if I get within 30 seconds or so I’ll put a more accurate weight into Zwift to see if that tips the balance. But I’m not sure how much more power I can put out.

Up until recently I was having a crack every Monday which was good fun. Me and the whippet are off to the alpes next week but when we return maybe we should try making it a regular thing? It’s defo an added motivator chasing or being chased.
I have not been changing gear when the gradients eases off, just spinning faster to use those bits as mini rests. If I can keep on the power when changing up that woud give me a bit extra but for 01:16 I just need to develop more power. I can't lose any more weight either, last time I was this weight I was 17-18.
A once a month race would be good for bench marking.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I have not been changing gear when the gradients eases off, just spinning faster to use those bits as mini rests. If I can keep on the power when changing up that woud give me a bit extra but for 01:16 I just need to develop more power. I can't lose any more weight either, last time I was this weight I was 17-18.
A once a month race would be good for bench marking.
try really spinning around the bends where slope lessens , it makes a big difference without much more effort

Top Bottom