Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
TB, is it perhaps your IT band? I wouldn’t wait for the DR- see the physio.
That's what I am thinking. I'll be calling the physio tomorrow because the kwacks think it's not urgent so the appointment is 2 weeks away :banghead:.

Still the replacement Kickr18 Platinum that arrived yesterday is now set up. I need to check the firmware and go for a spin. I'll be doing a gentle ride to get it up to temp and do a spin down test. Then I'll be ready for more riding. :unsure:

bobinski

Legendary Member
That's what I am thinking. I'll be calling the physio tomorrow because the kwacks think it's not urgent so the appointment is 2 weeks away :banghead:.

Still the replacement Kickr18 Platinum that arrived yesterday is now set up. I need to check the firmware and go for a spin. I'll be doing a gentle ride to get it up to temp and do a spin down test. Then I'll be ready for more riding. :unsure:

There’s an excellent IT stretch vid I have linked to before. It really works. Will try and find it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x30rjVT-TLo&feature=share

Del C

Veteran

If its your ITB then investing in a physio roller is very worthwhile.

Hurts a bit when you start but helps me when I get ITB tightness.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Now the really bad news. I just remembered the old adage 'never loan a muppet your bike' :cursing::cry::banghead:

I loaned my brother my GT Grade bike for him to try out a drop bar bike. He thoroughly enjoyed it and asked to use it again the following week.

Well the second time did not go as well as the first. Riding round Richmond Park Saturday he had an incident. He tried to make a tight turn and in the process kicked the front wheel with his foot. Up shot of the connection is him going over on the drive side of the bike. He's ok. The bike not so much.

New hanger and mech required. I've managed to tighten the hanger, but there's still some movement. The mech cage though is seriously bent. I've ordered replacements but once the mech is off of the bike I'll take a look to see if I can straighten it out for an emergency backup. £55 in parts so far. :sad:

He's not getting to ride the Cube :gun:

Milzy

Guru
My win 10 went into melt down & I can’t find the disc.
If I don’t resolve it soon I’ll be Zwifting on a tiny iPhone screen which would really suck. I wouldn’t be happy on an iPad or 17 inch lap top either to be fair.
I don’t know how some folk indoor train without a large screen & decent graphics. I’d rather go into the rain.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
My win 10 went into melt down & I can’t find the disc.
If I don’t resolve it soon I’ll be Zwifting on a tiny iPhone screen which would really suck. I wouldn’t be happy on an iPad or 17 inch lap top either to be fair.
I don’t know how some folk indoor train without a large screen & decent graphics. I’d rather go into the rain.

Download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and make an install DVD or better USB stick. You don’t need the original key as your computer is already activated on Microsoft’s servers. Just skip entering a key while installing,

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I wouldn’t be happy on an iPad or 17 inch lap top either to be fair.
I've only 'recently' upgraded from a 17" 1080 Laptop to a 43" 4K TV ... BRVR videos are stunning ... BKool Not so much :rofl:

You can actually download the Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft quite legally ... I forget the link sorry. Then you have the option of burning it to DVD or creating a bootable USB drive. ... Saved my bacon when rebuilding/upgrading the lads PC ... I'm going to have to get another ISO myself with the April Update on it ...or I could work out how to force Win 10 to do it with Windows Update ... But I don't want to break anything on the PC's I've got working :biggrin:

Edit: What He ^^^ Said :rofl:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Invite for league stage 3 - Road to Sky has gone out. (Next stage will be a flat TT!)

I'm not feeling at all confident as I did this route last night and my legs felt terrible, and I couldn't maintain any power or get my HR up at all, so unless I have some kind of miracle recovery I could lose an awful lot of time to Lee on Thursday - oh well, it's always great fun riding up the alpe isn't it? :crazy:

Del C

Veteran
Invite for league stage 3 - Road to Sky has gone out. (Next stage will be a flat TT!)

I'm not feeling at all confident as I did this route last night and my legs felt terrible, and I couldn't maintain any power or get my HR up at all, so unless I have some kind of miracle recovery I could lose an awful lot of time to Lee on Thursday - oh well, it's always great fun riding up the alpe isn't it? :crazy:
I'll have just spent the entire afternoon in the pub, so I'll have to give this Thursday a miss.

Will try and ride solo over the weekend.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Climbed for 55 Mins Sunday. Climbed for 1:35 mins Monday. Rested yesterday. Planning a climb tonight for about an hour. Yep, I should be well ready for the Alpe on Thursday :laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Climbed for 55 Mins Sunday. Climbed for 1:35 mins Monday. Rested yesterday. Planning a climb tonight for about an hour. Yep, I should be well ready for the Alpe on Thursday :laugh:
Should have added ... just need @Aleman to update the league in BRVR now :whistle: He's just not as efficient as Pete :reading:

Top Bottom