Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
An interesting read about Zwfit's demonstration of steering and mountain biking at eurobike:
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/09/zwift-demonstrates-mountain-biking-steering-at-eurobike.html
Interesting. I can see some future use of that in the type of races we currently do, in terms of having the ability to steer your bike to pick a particular wheel to be on witin a group - that might be fun if they get it to work well. My main concern with that though would be my potential to drop sweat all over my phone if it's mounted on the stem like that - I tried that before soem time ago and stopped mounting my phone there for exactly that reason!

BurningLegs

Veteran
Invite sent for stage 2 league race tomorrow night. This one will be a standard race, so NO TT bikes this time as you'll want to benefit from the drafting.

It's the "Out & Back Again" route in Watopia which is ideal for races and has had some close finishes in the past.

Hope to see as many of you as possible on the start line tomorrow :okay:

Looking forward to it. Not ridden much since the last race though!

Can I put in a request for the new Yorkshire course? If not for a stage of this series, then perhaps a social roll around and explore?

bridgy

Legendary Member
Looking forward to it. Not ridden much since the last race though!

Can I put in a request for the new Yorkshire course? If not for a stage of this series, then perhaps a social roll around and explore?
Yeah that would be good - don't think it has been released yet but when it is, will see if it can be scheduled for a meet-up. At only 8.7 miles in length it is a bit short for a race, but we could potentially set it up for 2 laps (although this can sometimes be a bit tricky in terms of getting the distance to match the strava segment meaning you can end up with a situation that the person who wins a sprint finish in the live race ends up a few seconds slower on the actual Strava segment time)

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Invite sent for stage 2 league race tomorrow night. This one will be a standard race, so NO TT bikes this time as you'll want to benefit from the drafting.

It's the "Out & Back Again" route in Watopia which is ideal for races and has had some close finishes in the past.

Can’t make it this week. We’re off to euro Disney tomorrow evening.

That’s right, I am using Mickey Mouse as my alibi :reading:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Looks like 42km, including a climb up the volcano, so could be an 80 minute race? I may have to do this on my own as not sure I'll be able to ride to 8:30 .... thanks for setting up though :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Sorry ,will not be able to make it as away on honeymoon till Friday
Will catch up over the weekend
Congrats :cheers:

Well so finally got the turbo set up in anticipation for bridgy’s meet tonight. But seem to have forgotten it’s my wedding anniversary :blush: So Zwift season will have to wait another day so will miss tonight.
Enjoy lads. :okay:

Attachments

• C5C37361-65F2-4E64-9947-77ED052214EB.jpeg
    C5C37361-65F2-4E64-9947-77ED052214EB.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 6

BurningLegs

Veteran
Well so finally got the turbo set up in anticipation for bridgy’s meet tonight. But seem to have forgotten it’s my wedding anniversary :blush: So Zwift season will have to wait another day so will miss tonight.
Enjoy lads. :okay:
Nice setup!

Do you find that the rocker helps with comfort? I find comfort is he limiting factor for me in terms of how long I can ride on the turbo.

JuhaL

Guru
Top Bottom