Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JLaw

Veteran
Was planning to do the KISS race Monday to get in some miles more than anything. But Zwift locked up a couple minutes before the start. By the time I get the laptop rebooted and zwift up and running again, the race had started. So I waited a few minutes and joined a sub-2 training ride. Of course I had forgotten I still had the TT bike from last week, so I actually had to ride above 2 W/kg to keep up as I couldn't draft. We did the sprint at the end of each lap. Set a PB on that. Ended up working harder than expected.

Tues was planned for the KISS ride in Richmond (ugh). Meeting ran late and the race didn't do a staggered start. I barely got on the bike in time to start with the group. No warm up and no tunes. I made my way through a ton of D riders and settled into a group of about 15. Pulled away (!) from the group on the first climb until the last little bit with the end in sight when a few caught and past me. Got back on their wheels and stuck there through the next two climbs on that lap, burying myself in the process. We had a hard working little group of 4. and we reeled in and spit out a bunch of riders through the flat part of the second lap. Myself and one other pulled away from the other two during the first climb of the second lap. I can't recall much of the middle climb except I picked up a featherweight power up which I promptly used o the last climb and briefly passed the other rider. But I faded badly before we reached the top and he pulled away.

The hell of it was I thought we'd done better at reeling in more of the C group. But it turns out we were bringing up the rear all along, mostly passing D riders. Sigh.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
20170830_082716.jpg
London Paris day 1. Nursed poorly daughter with remnants of chest infection, also daft son has managed to burn the end of his finger at a festival. It's swollen more than ET's glowing finger. Lucky with weather, it had threatened to bucket it down all day. Only when we all crawled over the Ditchling did the heavens open. So Brighton to Newhaven drenched rats we were. Ferry now to eat and have a nap. Got a little video of start and catching son on the Ditchling, earned myself £20 from bet :biggrin:

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Did the SZR race this evening. 44 starters in C Category! As usual, a few above-category C riders rode away but a group of 8 formed which stayed together until about 7 km to go (went Metric by mistake) when a mixed B,C and D riders joined us. Went for it with about 600 metres to go and came 4th in the sprint. As you can see, it was a very close finish. The good thing with these races is they automatically DQ any rider more than 0.1 w/kg over the category limits.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYbt17fFpnp/

bobinski

Legendary Member
Did the SZR race this evening. 44 starters in C Category! As usual, a few above-category C riders rode away but a group of 8 formed which stayed together until about 7 km to go (went Metric by mistake) when a mixed B,C and D riders joined us. Went for it with about 600 metres to go and came 4th in the sprint. As you can see, it was a very close finish. The good thing with these races is they automatically DQ any rider more than 0.1 w/kg over the category limits.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYbt17fFpnp/

Excellent!
Nice to see you before the race too^_^
Gotta love those dq rules.

kipster

Guru
The nights are drawing in, which means that the club evening rides on a Tuesday and Thursday will end soon, meaning I'll be sat twiddling my thumbs, so it is time to dust of the turbo, find the Ant+ dongle and pump up the tyres on the turbo bike.

But what platform to use? Last year I did trainerroad, and very much liked it, but I updated it on my laptop last night and it keeps crashing :-( My son and wife use Zwift and I dipped in and out occasionally but mainly for steady rides with a few efforts up the hills. I have never raced on zwift and I'm not sure it appeals to me yet. BigRingVR is still free and there are a mix of hilly and flat routes now.

I see most here are zwifting, but trainerroad still appeals, if only I can get it working properly.

JLaw

Veteran
I will start it at least.I have to try and bring a minimal bit of structure to my riding for a while. Ftp test will be interesting and on basis of yesterday's ride a little lower. Group rides are not onerous and there's racing towards the end.

https://academy.zwift.com/zam2017
Likewise. I'm signed up and curious to see what it really entails and whether or not it'll keep my interest. At least some of the scheduled rides are a familiar format. Tool around the course at 2w/kg as a pack with a sprint per lap and an optional (short) race on the final lap.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Unfortunately it looks like Giant are unable to obtain a replacement frame for my 2y old defy disc so as some of you may have seen I have been looking at a card 12 frameset. But once I add in new BB, seat post and possibly stem and handle bar I am more than half way to the cost of a new bike. So I have had a read of this article and think I am pretty committed to the Caad 12 disc ultrega. I even like the mix of green and orange in the frame. It doesn't have bolt through axles so I can easily use my Hunt 4 seasons too and sell on the Aksiums.

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/01/can...-evo-hi-mod-road-disc-bike-comparison-review/

Top Bottom