Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JLaw

Veteran
What an amazingly painful race today.

Interest in the Hill climb continues to wane. Just 70 pre-registered for the race today... Sigh. Hard to see how it will be around much longer.

As expected the pack went off at the start, I didn't try to stay with them. In fact I was struggling from the onset, just couldn't get enough air into the lungs. So I spent the approach miles trying to get breathing under control while fighting a nasty headwind. I was about a minute behind my goal time at the end of the approach as I turned into the canyon.

Of course the headwind continued, but at least my breathing was under control and I felt I still had a chance to hit my goal time. Tried to keep up a good pace, but continued to lose time each mile as the headwind wouldn't let up. As I approached the water station I figured even a heroic effort wouldn't save my ride. Just past the water area the rain started. Nothing serious, but definitely demoralizing after fighting wind for 6 miles. Ugh.

Kept plodding along. Seemed to have lost my chasers -- I figured they gave up in the rain. Had moments where I pondered quitting and even stopped for a few seconds. My chasers reappeared at some point and passed me over the last half mile. Nothing to fight back with and I crawled across the finish line.

But I finished... An amazingly slow 1:40 a full 10 minutes slower than last year. Did notice a few come in after me, so I wasn't last. I'm far more physically wasted than the 1:40 time might indicate.

bobinski

Legendary Member
What an amazingly painful race today.

Interest in the Hill climb continues to wane. Just 70 pre-registered for the race today... Sigh. Hard to see how it will be around much longer.

As expected the pack went off at the start, I didn't try to stay with them. In fact I was struggling from the onset, just couldn't get enough air into the lungs. So I spent the approach miles trying to get breathing under control while fighting a nasty headwind. I was about a minute behind my goal time at the end of the approach as I turned into the canyon.

Of course the headwind continued, but at least my breathing was under control and I felt I still had a chance to hit my goal time. Tried to keep up a good pace, but continued to lose time each mile as the headwind wouldn't let up. As I approached the water station I figured even a heroic effort wouldn't save my ride. Just past the water area the rain started. Nothing serious, but definitely demoralizing after fighting wind for 6 miles. Ugh.

Kept plodding along. Seemed to have lost my chasers -- I figured they gave up in the rain. Had moments where I pondered quitting and even stopped for a few seconds. My chasers reappeared at some point and passed me over the last half mile. Nothing to fight back with and I crawled across the finish line.

But I finished... An amazingly slow 1:40 a full 10 minutes slower than last year. Did notice a few come in after me, so I wasn't last. I'm far more physically wasted than the 1:40 time might indicate.

Well done Jeff. A headwind and rain are enough to sap anyone's energy so don't be too hard on yourself over the the time.

JLaw

Veteran
with wind and rain you have got to expect to be a bit slower Jeff ! had you got anything like hrm or pm on ? bet it shows you put more effort in
well done for dogging in
I haven't pulled the hr data yet. I'm sure it'll show a solid effort up through 6 miles, maybe a bit longer. I'm sure the last couple will show me exhausted.

The hell of it is I wasn't expecting rain. Took a few seconds for it to register. Weather at altitude in the mountains is always unpredictable. I could see sun all around, but there was one storm cloud parked right above the road.

Oh well... Roughly 6 more weeks of good climbing weather, so plenty of time each to shoot for a solid time on the full canyon ride.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Andy,photos of new kicker climb floating about.
I would be so tempted by this (I can't climb for crap but still :whistle:)
?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9273.jpg

Having said that, it could be a shop'd

Look at the main pic
http://uk.wahoofitness.com/devices/bike-trainers

But this thread seems to think it's real
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/S...on_Forum_F1/Kickr_Climb_P6404432/?page=unread

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Details on Zwift cast shortly but now it's out in the wild more details should follow.
Talk suggests it may usable with other trainers but would have thought unlikely

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Details on Zwift cast shortly but now it's out in the wild more details should follow.
Talk suggests it may usable with other trainers but would have thought unlikely
I would definitely buy one if this were true. I am beginning to enjoy the suffer that is the climb. But I find it difficult to do out of saddle efforts with a level bike.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Unfortunately not compatible with Kickr version 1. Mine won't have rotation around the qr mechanism. Unless Wahoo bring out a modified fixing.

JLaw

Veteran
Jeff,
I have noticed him or someone else doing this previously when Dean was briefly in the mix, possibly you too.
Great idea!
We could use zsun or other kit in meantime?
Which is the zsun kit? I don't see it and wanted to have the right kit for today's ride :-)

Barring hearing from anyone, I'm going to be in the bike and beer kit. Use "p" to bring up the promo screen, then enter BIKEANDBEER to enable the kit. It should then show up in the customization area.

Top Bottom