Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thought you was going to drop us on the KoM. Was struggling to hang on to you and stay within a few seconds. You seem to pop though a few hundred yards from the top. Wasn't sure where you was until Dean told me to go on. I slowed down a bit to see if Dean could catch me up, then I saw you baring down on us :eek: So I made the call to push on again. Dean seemed to get a 2nd wind then and started to chase me down .... just about managed to hold him off :sweat:

I was trying my best to just stay ahead and it just caught me out on a gear change ,I then lost you both on the down hill section but got within 8 seconds of Dean ,I saw your message to Dean and that spurred me on a bit

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I was trying my best to just stay ahead and it just caught me out on a gear change ,I then lost you both on the down hill section but got within 8 seconds of Dean ,I saw your message to Dean and that spurred me on a bit
Didn't realise you was so close at first. Then I thought, bugger, I've just let Dean know you're not far away and you'll work together to pull me back. Was quite busy out there so most of the time I couldn't see where you were - I was expecting you both to catch me. I was on my limit at the end :surrender:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Well I did enjoy it but New york course is a killer, working with Chris and Carl most of the way until the Kom I fell behind due to a crappy gear change and I was worried I'll lose them both but I played the long game and kept a quick but steady pace eventually caught up with them and seemed to lose Chris.

Me and Carl worked well taking turns but my legs were failing me but just couldn't keep the pace and told Carl to go and fell back for a quick rest, noticed Chris not far behind and the Jaws theme was going round in my head and this spurred me on and managed to keep chris at bay.

Good race I can see a tight finish for some of us 👍

Last edited:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Well I had high hopes of latching on to @IrishAl 's wheel and being dragged to a good time, but that plan was trashed when he immediately whizzed up the road like a man possessed and I never really saw him again!

I thought you’d try and get on my wheel and mark me so I kept the hammer down for as long as I could then held around FTP until the climb. I tried to recover on the descent but the second half of the course was tough - lots of short sharp rises. I thought the mid-35 minute target was slipping away but was a nice surprise to see the banner earlier than I expected - 35:12 my time 👍 You were never that far away @bridgy and that spurred me on. Good race everyone.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I did a hare and hounds race yesterday instead of the main event. Put me right in my place. Spat out the back fairly early without even a goodbye! That’s all I’ve got to say about that really. Still sulking.

Did you join the A or B group. The ' A' pack are crazy fast up hills

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I did a hare and hounds race yesterday instead of the main event. Put me right in my place. Spat out the back fairly early without even a goodbye! That’s all I’ve got to say about that really. Still sulking.
I love that format bur as a C rider I manage to hold on ok with my group until the As and Bs catch us and the C group gets blown apart. I've joined B a few times, and the longest I've held on so far is 12 mins.

Was it on the London course? I find that if you can make it over the top of the climb up Northumberland Ave then you can sit in until the climb to Green Park each loop. It's the little lumps though that blow the groups apart! It does depend though on if you group is actively trying to stay together, or if there is a race within a race. C cats (generally) try to stay together as they have worked out a group of 20 travels faster than smaller groups.

peterob

Veteran
Updated league table below. There are already some close battles forming so plenty of intrigue in the coming weeks :boxing:

If you've not yet posted the time, it's the Knickerbocker route on New York course. So you may need to use the Zwift World hack as I think NY is no longer the selected course.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Does anyone know if it is possible to only see members of the meet-up in the bar on the right of the Zwift screen and also in Zwift Companion?

Something I find hard is knowing where other members of the meet-up are because of all the noise of other riders?! It’s good that they show as green dots on the map, but I’d prefer to see them on the board so I can see/watch gaps and know who is ahead/behind rather than guess?

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Does anyone know if it is possible to only see members of the meet-up in the bar on the right of the Zwift screen and also in Zwift Companion?

Something I find hard is knowing where other members of the meet-up are because of all the noise of other riders?! It’s good that they show as green dots on the map, but I’d prefer to see them on the board so I can see/watch gaps and know who is ahead/behind rather than guess?
The only way I know is in the companion app if you go into the messages tab and you can select Zwifters you follow. It only works whilst they are within a certain distance of you...for instance last night I could only see Bridgy but even he disappeared off my list after 10 minutes^_^

. I’d be interested if there is another way that I’m missing.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Updated league table below. There are already some close battles forming so plenty of intrigue in the coming weeks :boxing:

If you've not yet posted the time, it's the Knickerbocker route on New York course. So you may need to use the Zwift World hack as I think NY is no longer the selected course.
Cheers @peterob ...Zwiftpower has downgraded me to Cat B after a summer of excess.:ohmy: I think you should also move me into the B group. :rolleyes:

bridgy

Legendary Member

View attachment 488635
Hi Pete - would it be possible with your ninja excel skills to add a column showing to overall time gap between riders? I know we can do the maths ourselves from the Total column but I think it would be good to have an instant view of the time gaps between people. Only if not to much hassle for you of course...

Top Bottom