Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **

:laugh:

You’d think I’d be kicking the cat but it actually put a big smile on my face. The thought of you two fighting out and pushing yourselves to the limit with me in the back of your minds is actually quite flattering ^_^. I tried to watch a bit of it on my phone but I’m in a curry house and apparently that’s not the done thing when you’re having a meal... cracking times boys. Really strong stuff! :notworthy:

And thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. Now I fully intend to drink my weight in cobra beer! :cheers:
Welcome to Club 40-50. It’s not all it’s cracked up to be. ^_^

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
You can set the distance - or time - to whatever you like for a meetup. So yeah, in theory we could set a 20 mile distance (for example) on a particular course, and create a strava segment after the event to take the times from. I've kind of resisted doing this just because of the added complication of explaining this to everyone and getting the segment correct so that it definitely picks up everyone's ride. Happy to give it a try though.

P.S. I've just remembered why I haven't been doing this - I actually did it once for an Alpe Du Zwift stage where I changed the distance so it would include the descent back down. But it then sent us all off in different directions, and in my mind I kind of blamed it on my changing the distance for the meetup. However, we later did Alpe Du Zwift again without me changing the distance (so just the ascent) and it had the same glitch, so maybe a problem with that route and not the distance changing thing after all. So, yeah maybe worth a try again - feel free to make suggestions...
40? I thought I was a youngster on here, but you're barely out of nappies! If you look old enough to get served ... have a root beer on me :cheers:

Whorty

:laugh:

You’d think I’d be kicking the cat but it actually put a big smile on my face. The thought of you two fighting out and pushing yourselves to the limit with me in the back of your minds is actually quite flattering ^_^. I tried to watch a bit of it on my phone but I’m in a curry house and apparently that’s not the done thing when you’re having a meal... cracking times boys. Really strong stuff! :notworthy:

And thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. Now I fully intend to drink my weight in cobra beer! :cheers:
The big question is ...... what curry are you going for? Are you going for a man's curry (Phal, Vindaloo etc) or a desert (e.g. korma, makhani .. basically anything that won't hurt you tomorrow morning!) :tongue:

Whorty

21 seconds slower for me tonight at 37.34.

But I'm quite happy with that. I've ridden every day since Saturday after a week's holiday, so felt a bit tired at the start.

Tried a different approach tonight. Much slower at the start and picked the speed up from the start banner and then just tried to hold it steady around 3.2W/kg.

Average and top end power slightly down tonight, but enjoyed the ride!
Isn't it the rule that we take the latest time? ;) That puts you 2 seconds behind me :laugh:

Del C

Veteran
Isn't it the rule that we take the latest time? ;) That puts you 2 seconds behind me :laugh:
:tongue:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Here's the plan for the final two stages of October's league - so you have plenty of time to study where the start/finish banners are, and get your excuses lined up :okay:

Next week (Tues 22nd 7pm & Thurs 24th 6pm) Road to Ruins - https://www.strava.com/segments/16404154

-----------------

Final week (Tues 29th 7pm & Thurs 31st 6pm) Mountain Route - https://www.strava.com/segments/12483517

Breedon

Legendary Member
Here's the plan for the final two stages of October's league - so you have plenty of time to study where the start/finish banners are, and get your excuses lined up :okay:

Next week (Tues 22nd 7pm & Thurs 24th 6pm) Road to Ruins - https://www.strava.com/segments/16404154
View attachment 489468

-----------------

Final week (Tues 29th 7pm & Thurs 31st 6pm) Mountain Route - https://www.strava.com/segments/12483517
View attachment 489469
Great work @bridgy appreciate setting these up mate. Also @peterob :thumbsup:
Hills involved so should slide nicely down the table :blush:

Top Bottom