Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@Whorty

Hey how about some pictures of the new bike out in the real world? PRs on your first ride. Nice.
Too busy enjoying the ride for pictures :hyper:

Mate came down with his wife, so I had someone to look after my wife and someone to have a pootle with. Mate is not that strong so had to do lots of waiting, but I did try for a few PBs and some of the hills.

New bike is an absolute joy. Di2 is amazing. Never expected it to be so effective, but for someone like me who is so bad at gear changing it was a massive help.

Bike likes to go fast on the flats (unlike my mate :laugh: ) and climbs pretty well.

Hopefully I can get out more if the weather holds for me 👍

JuhaL

Guru
Too busy enjoying the ride for pictures :hyper:

Mate came down with his wife, so I had someone to look after my wife and someone to have a pootle with. Mate is not that strong so had to do lots of waiting, but I did try for a few PBs and some of the hills.

New bike is an absolute joy. Di2 is amazing. Never expected it to be so effective, but for someone like me who is so bad at gear changing it was a massive help.

Bike likes to go fast on the flats (unlike my mate :laugh: ) and climbs pretty well.

Hopefully I can get out more if the weather holds for me 👍
Di2 is for me like 4wd and automatic transmission in a car. When you had that taste once you don't wanna get rid of that. There is lot of options to modify that Di2 system if you wanna get deeper with that system. I love Di2, there's no return to mechanical.

Last edited:

JuhaL

Guru
I have joined the 100km ride at 10am, cat d for a steady ride:bicycle:
Me too 👍. I just connect the Di2 recharger to my bike, just in case.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Carl, how you found that front suspension. How that work , is it always active or can you lock the fork?.
It has a dial on the top of the headset that you can set from on, gradually to off. You can do this on the fly. Most of the ride I had it set at 'softest' setting (I forgot about it!), but did change it to locked with about 30 mins to go. Definitely felt the difference on bad roads.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Yes, it had me unclipping repeatedly during warmup.
Di2 is for me like 4wd and automatic transmission in a car. When you had that taste once you don't wanna get rid of that. There is lot of options to modify that Di2 system if you wanna get deeper with that system. I love Di2, there's no return to mechanical.
I just tried Di2 for the first time on my vacation and I was less than impressed. I felt like the lever didn't give me the right feedback. Several times my fingers thought I changed gear while my legs could tell I didn't. It was like playing the plastic keyboard of a cheap Casio vs the keys on a real grand piano.
I'm not in a hurry to get Di2. If I get electronic shifters next time, it will be the "full" wireless package just for the sake of getting rid of the cables.

Top Bottom