Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
We're doing a rollout to the start banner now - so stay with/behind me until we get to the banner. We did this on Tuesday and it worked pretty well although there were a couple of "flyers" who set off a bit fast, but generally it worked well :okay:
Has the adjustable wall thing been enabled for meet ups? If it has you could set that up for a 2-3 second buffer (if possible) and after the banner just ignore or turn it off.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm 50/50 joining tonight I'm afraid. Not been a good week for us and i'm a bit beaten up and knackered :B)

On a (kind of) positive note, but I confirmed with my client that I'll be finishing the current contract at the end of the year. I may have a bit of work coming in next year but not 100% sure yet, but HID and I have agreed that I need to focus on looking after her and cutting down my work; She has enough income to cover us so whilst she can work we are OK. This means I should be able to ride much more come the new year ... so be scared fellow C'ers ..... I'm coming for you :gun: 🔫

bridgy

Legendary Member
Has the adjustable wall thing been enabled for meet ups? If it has you could set that up for a 2-3 second buffer (if possible) and after the banner just ignore or turn it off.
There is now this feature for meetups yes, but as far as I can see it's either on or off - you select it when setting up the meetup on the app. I don't think you can turn it on and off mid-ride

Whorty

There is now this feature for meetups yes, but as far as I can see it's either on or off - you select it when setting up the meetup on the app. I don't think you can turn it on and off mid-ride
Set it up so that anyone 20 seconds ahead of you get kicked out the ride :laugh:. You'll need to leave the fence behind you as far back as 5 minutes at least though (please :surrender: )

theboxers

You could still use it for the roll out to the start as long as everyone knows the route. The Strava segment should still be available afterwards.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I'm just thinking out loud because off the rollout. Is there a results list at the end of a meetup ride? I've been unable to participate due to the leg issues so don't know.
As I said, I don't think there's any way to turn the "Keep riders together" function on or off during the meetup - it's either selected when you set it up and always on, or always off. There's no results list at the end no - the meetup function isn't really meant for racing, we're just bodging it to use for a race really. There is a time that comes up on screen briefly for each rider when they finish but without everyone remembering to take a screenshot (which they wouldn't!) there's no way to collate these results - which is why we use the strava segement time

Whorty

As I said, I don't think there's any way to turn the "Keep riders together" function on or off during the meetup - it's either selected when you set it up and always on, or always off. There's no results list at the end no - the meetup function isn't really meant for racing, we're just bodging it to use for a race really. There is a time that comes up on screen briefly for each rider when they finish but without everyone remembering to take a screenshot (which they wouldn't!) there's no way to collate these results - which is why we use the strava segement time
It works fine the way it is I'd suggest. If anyone flies off before the banner, they're only potentially hurting themselves as a chasing group will catch them, and will have a time advantage on the flyer. This is why I try to be behind my direct competitors when we cross the start line, so I know whilst we are together I know I'm actually in the 'lead' ^_^

Whorty

https://zwiftinsider.com/charts-wheels/

Handy wee visual for choosing a wheelset for a course. Bought some enve 3.4s after reading it!

Probably won't make it tonight but have fun!
Really interesting - I use the Lightweights all the time, assuming they are good on the flats and very good on the hills but it seems they are slowing me down on the flats!! I have the 808/Super 9 too, so should be using those instead. Bugger :banghead:

theboxers

Really interesting - I use the Lightweights all the time, assuming they are good on the flats and very good on the hills but it seems they are slowing me down on the flats!! I have the 808/Super 9 too, so should be using those instead. Bugger :banghead:
Wait until Zwift introduce component aging like Bkool have/had(?) with their Jersey and Shorts. You've got to have something to spend your drops on :whistle:

Top Bottom