Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
What happened Tommy - you OK?

All good thanks mate. Bit if family drama but nothing serious. Just had to bail Unfortunately.

I felt ok in general. Although that could’ve changed at any point I guess! 😄. You guys seemed strong too considering the Christmas hiatus so that’s pleasing.

peterob

Veteran
This was a handicap race, with the only point being first to cross the line. No point in doing great on a specific segment.

…AND not part of the January league anyway.
We need a time to update our handicaps. Although the existing ones seemed to work out pretty well (for most of us!)

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Well, well😄

I wasn't feeling so sparkling before the event. Even the first few miles, felt really tough. Half way, I felt the same, but no worse. Steen, caught me and kept around 5 secs behind. We kept catching those in front, with Chris' being particularly hard to shake off. Steen and Chris left me I think as we passed the bottom of Boxhill. Weight advantage came into play on the descent. I couldn't shake Steen and went fast up the tunnel climb. Je was still there:ohmy:.

I didn't realise Marino was still in front.

With half a mile to go, I began to believe it was in the bag. I couldn't see anyone within 15 secs. ^_^. But with third of a mile, yellow and red markers appeared:ohmy: coming fast. I threw everything for the last 400 yards.

I won, but not only won, but first Cyclechat event 2020 and the decade:hyper:

I shall bask in this win for years, having only one other win in the old Bkool days ^_^

Thoroughly:heat:. wanting my:hungry: now:laugh:

Thanks Paul for organising and everyone else :cheers:

Brilliant mate well done !

This is exactly why I love the handicap races so much.

Del C

Veteran
37.57 for me.

Rode a bit harder than I meant to, but felt pretty good.

Would have been about 10-15s quicker, but I had to jump off the bike on the bridge before the Underground Station, to switch my fan on. The 'smart plug' got confused after a power cut this morning and I couldn't switch it on via Alexa or the Hive app! Jumped back on the bike and failed to clip back in until my 4th attempt. D'oh!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well that was interesting! Think I went out too hard at the start and died about 5 miles in. Oh well, lesson learned!

I think I might have won that if I started at 6:45pm!

Cheers chaps! That was kinda enjoyable haha

Oh, how do you know who’s around you out of our meet-up?
Green blobs .... non-meetup riders are normal blob colours, but meetup friends are green.

Sorry I couldn't make it tonight lads .... hopefully will be OK to ride on Thursday but I don't think I'll be able to go full pace.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well done Andy - awesome stuff!

Sorry about the start - had it in my mind tbat there would be an elapsed time showing once the countdown to the start finished but of course it only shows your own time - must have been remembering the old bkool days! Anyway, hopefully everyone got off ok at reasonably close to tneir handicap times - which were really good for quite a few of us as I caught quite a few people right at the end and sounds like Andy was only just ahead.

Had a good battle all the way with Lee who caught me on every uphill, but I was able to slightly out- power on the flats and descents. Shame you had to drop out Tommy as I'm sure you'd have given me a very hard time as well! Really pleased with my own ride as my time and 294 watts was really similar to what I did back in October and I was expecting much worse!

Well done everyone - will definitely be worth trying that again.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well that was interesting! Think I went out too hard at the start and died about 5 miles in. Oh well, lesson learned!

I think I might have won that if I started at 6:45pm!

Cheers chaps! That was kinda enjoyable haha

Oh, how do you know who’s around you out of our meet-up?
Don't worry, I'll adjust your handicap for next time :okay:.

As whorty says, green blobs on the map buy other meetup riders are highlighted green in the list of rider names on the right of the screen too. Unfortunately zwift don't allow us to specify that we only want to see riders in our meetup on the leaderboard so they're mixed in with everyone else so can be hard to see at times.

P.S if you enjoy it any mor than "kind of" you're not trying hard enough!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Well done Andy - have 10 seconds deducted next time for a prize 👍
Thanks for sorting it all out paul
A few good battles out there - wonder what would happen on normal bikes ?

mjd1988

Guru
Well, well😄

I wasn't feeling so sparkling before the event. Even the first few miles, felt really tough. Half way, I felt the same, but no worse. Steen, caught me and kept around 5 secs behind. We kept catching those in front, with Chris' being particularly hard to shake off. Steen and Chris left me I think as we passed the bottom of Boxhill. Weight advantage came into play on the descent. I couldn't shake Steen and went fast up the tunnel climb. Je was still there:ohmy:.

I didn't realise Marino was still in front.

With half a mile to go, I began to believe it was in the bag. I couldn't see anyone within 15 secs. ^_^. But with third of a mile, yellow and red markers appeared:ohmy: coming fast. I threw everything for the last 400 yards.

I won, but not only won, but first Cyclechat event 2020 and the decade:hyper:

I shall bask in this win for years, having only one other win in the old Bkool days ^_^

Thoroughly:heat:. wanting my:hungry: now:laugh:

Thanks Paul for organising and everyone else :cheers:

Haha yes! This write up is everything, well done:cheers:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Don't worry, I'll adjust your handicap for next time :okay:.

As whorty says, green blobs on the map buy other meetup riders are highlighted green in the list of rider names on the right of the screen too. Unfortunately zwift don't allow us to specify that we only want to see riders in our meetup on the leaderboard so they're mixed in with everyone else so can be hard to see at times.

P.S if you enjoy it any mor than "kind of" you're not trying hard enough!
Also .... if you 'friend' all of us then you will see us on the maps as a 'star' too in normal rides which is always nice :biggrin:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well done Andy - have 10 seconds deducted next time for a prize 👍
Thanks for sorting it all out paul
A few good battles out there - wonder what would happen on normal bikes ?
Boo:laugh:

I set a stop watch running, started on the button, but avatar didn't start moving for a few seconds.

I spent a few hundred yards wondering why I couldn't get my cadence down, until I realized I was in the inner chainring:rolleyes:

You really did catch me like a freight train Paul. I remember hitting 500+ Watts and praying for the blue gate to appear

Top Bottom