Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Boo:laugh:

I set a stop watch running, started on the button, but avatar didn't start moving for a few seconds.

I spent a few hundred yards wondering why I couldn't get my cadence down, until I realized I was in the inner chainring:rolleyes:

You really did catch me like a freight train Paul. I remember hitting 500+ Watts and praying for the blue gate to appear
Inner chain ring is for wimps :laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Boo:laugh:

I set a stop watch running, started on the button, but avatar didn't start moving for a few seconds.

I spent a few hundred yards wondering why I couldn't get my cadence down, until I realized I was in the inner chainring:rolleyes:

You really did catch me like a freight train Paul. I remember hitting 500+ Watts and praying for the blue gate to appear
I wish I'd known you were there Andy but you never appeared on my leaderboard list. Not that I could have necessarily done anything about it as I was dying by the end but you never know, its amazing what a bit of cyclechat competitiveness can get out of you!

Marino.g

Veteran
I found that extremely tough tonight. Well done everyone who turned out :okay:

I got stuck at the start (power wasn't reading) and probably tried a bit too hard initially to catch up but didn't real feel on it. Think I need a few days rest :rolleyes:

Are we using this segment? https://www.strava.com/segments/16982511. My time was 34:49 if so.

Who crossed the line first?
I found that extremely tough tonight. Well done everyone who turned out :okay:

I got stuck at the start (power wasn't reading) and probably tried a bit too hard initially to catch up but didn't real feel on it. Think I need a few days rest :rolleyes:

Are we using this segment? https://www.strava.com/segments/16982511. My time was 34:49 if so.

Who crossed the line first?
@peterob 42:03 for me

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Photo Winner
Sounds like you guys had a great one tonight. sorry I couldn’t join but I was the nail tonight in the 3R league race - held the front group for just 12 mins before i imploded and had almost 350w for 20mins more or less ftp and that was in the draft. I got a name check from Nathan Guerra in the ZCL broadcast which is now my claim to fame lol.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Photo Winner
Here’s the poll standings as of 2245h. Looks like the usual thurs @ 6pm slot is the most popular if you are going to go again. For anyone that hasn’t voted here’s the link again...https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CFCPXNM

I’ll post results tomorrow mid morning to allow a time to be finalised.
4201EEB9-4EA0-434E-B5BB-6128918AFCCF.jpeg

link

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Here’s the poll standings as of 2245h. Looks like the usual thurs @ 6pm slot is the most popular if you are going to go again. For anyone that hasn’t voted here’s the link again...https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CFCPXNM

I’ll post results tomorrow mid morning to allow a time to be finalised. View attachment 499594
link
6pm uk time on weekdays works for me, or 4/5pm on a Saturday or Sunday. Anything later than 6pm during the week would be really hard for me to attend I'm afraid due to wifey care needs.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I have not voted because I start a 12 week SF plan this weekend and won’t be available to race much if at all. I’ll dip into races if the plan permits.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Thursday 6pm would suit me or Tuesday 6pm . Im doing TR too but happily will swap in a hours race for HIT session.:okay:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
As long as someone lets some air out of Andy’s tyres

^_^

I was looking at some of the Verified times for London flat, you in particular Lee, were right up for your age and weight category

Top 1% out of all the oldies:notworthy:

I for one, are chuffed to ride with such talented speed monsters:okay: And whilst it was only a miniscule minor, vare rare scalp of some really fast riders, I cant help having a little smug grin currently:tongue:

Till next week anyway:laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member
OK, here are the Strava segment times from last night's handicap race - which was great fun! (sorry, "fun"), and which was won by @CXRAndy although I don't think he's mentioned it :rolleyes:

Bridgy - 34:39
@berty bassett - 34:54
@peterob - 36:10
@Brusgaard - 37:55
@Del C - 37:57
@CXRAndy - 38:01
@Freelanderuk - 39:34
@Marino.g - 42.03
@Joffey - 56:05

I have used these times to work out handicap times gaps for the re-run, which I propose we do on Thursday at 6pm. Only two people improved their times from October - Andy by 9 seconds (that was that sprint finish!), and Pete by a whopping 1 minute 18. Anyone with an improved time I have used that new time for the handicap because that's obviousy a good indication of current form. For everyone else who was slower, I have worked out your handicap on an average of your October time and yesterday's (because you're obviously capable of better :ninja:)

If anyone else who couldn't ride last night wants to join in on Thursday at 6pm let me know and I'll work you out a handicap and add you to this list:

If joining Thursday's race, you'll need access to a stopwatch of some sort (preferably separate to your phone which you may want to use for messages on the Companion App). When the countdown starter gets to zero, start your stopwatch, and go when the time reaches your allocated tiime above. Ifyou want to keep pedaling while you wait for your time, press "A" to go to the pairing screen which will stop your avatar moving - obviously whilst keeping an eye on your stopwatch.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
^_^

I was looking at some of the Verified times for London flat, you in particular Lee, were right up for your age and weight category

Top 1% out of all the oldies:notworthy:

I for one, are chuffed to ride with such talented speed monsters:okay: And whilst it was only a miniscule minor, vare rare scalp of some really fast riders, I cant help having a little smug grin currently:tongue:

Till next week anyway:laugh:

Top Bottom