Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mythste

Veteran
I'm a mid Cat C with dreams to get into the B category. Realistic aspirations is to get near the front of a cat C

Its a tough one, I would be comfortably in the front pack on a C paced ride (and have been before) but there was a hell of a difference in pace moving up to B. over a 20 mile race I'm right on the 3.2 w/k threshold.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Its a tough one, I would be comfortably in the front pack on a C paced ride (and have been before) but there was a hell of a difference in pace moving up to B. over a 20 mile race I'm right on the 3.2 w/k threshold.

I don't have the same With/Kg to you but have ok power so can do alright on flatter courses, but do lose out when alot of climbing is involved. I like the racing especially for about an hour. I have this early part of the year get in some distance for longer sportives Late April and May so dip my toe into some races from time to time.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I figured I would pop and say hi - although not a Bkool splitter I have been on Zwift for a while and do the odd race / group ride.
I certainly notice the difference between racing on a Wattbike and my Vortex Smart at home - try as I might I cannot get the W/KG to match my perceived effort, the Vortex is always about 2.5 over a very tough hour, where on the Wattbike I am at 3.1.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Who is doing on Saturday morning the
Maratona dles Dolomites eFondo.

44miles a fair bit of climbing at your own pace.:ohmy:

I might do this instead of Friday outdoor. Busy few days
Would be keen if it wasn't for the fact that my Mom is coming over and, as it's Mother's day Sunday, I feel I should pay her some attention :whistle: Will see how it goes but def will do looking to do some kind of ride Saturday

Breedon

Legendary Member

Was going to do a real ride:eek:, weather so far looks good, bob that coffee ride was not 2-2.5w/kg it was more like 3-3.5 stayed with the main group of a round 20 until the final 4.5 miles then i got dropped legs was feeling tired and acheing from yesterday.

kipster

Guru
I did my first group ride, just a sub 2 ride to spin the legs out after Majorca. Got bored with the slow pace and set off with 5km left just to stretch the legs out.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Was going to do a real ride:eek:, weather so far looks good, bob that coffee ride was not 2-2.5w/kg it was more like 3-3.5 stayed with the main group of a round 20 until the final 4.5 miles then i got dropped legs was feeling tired and acheing from yesterday.

Yeah, bloody mad Poles:biggrin: I really liked the ride coz it was like being in the Battle of Britain, with the English flight trainer trying to reign the Polish recruits in and them ignoring him and shooting down a few planes! Made me proud do be a Pole-and I like the kit. Mind you, they should advertise it more accurately ^_^

bobinski

Legendary Member

I was going to post about this. If I cannot get out for a rlr Saturday then I will do it. No sign of a kit, leader or discord so could be a bit chaotic :laugh:. But climbing would be good now I have belatedly signed up for the Everest challenge which I could have got already :banghead:

Breedon

Legendary Member
I was going to post about this. If I cannot get out for a rlr Saturday then I will do it. No sign of a kit, leader or discord so could be a bit chaotic :laugh:. But climbing would be good now I have belatedly signed up for the Everest challenge which I could have got already :banghead:
326 including andy have all ready signed up so lots of drafting to be had, i could join in and go out sunday hmmm:wacko:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
It's going to have a huge spread of times. I spotted Strava ride where he was a bit of a power monster and took 30mins to do the first big climb at 400 Watts :wacko::ohmy:

Top Bottom