Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Whorty, what they all said:okay:

Whatever you do start fast, stay with the group mid pack at least and don't get dropped!^_^
Got dropped in the first mile (warm up lap). On Sunday I had massive power numbers, today I struggled to hold 180 watts. Seems Zwift does have things in common with Bkool :tongue: inconsistent power numbers! By lap 5 I was being lapped by fellow Cat C riders. Cat D riders were also coming past :surrender: Thankfully I lost internet connection so I only managed 14 miles :cry: Probably a blessing in disguise.

I'm def Cat D rider :bicycle:

Whorty

Came mid pack. With a 3.2w/kg. I can't see Whorty's result, I'm not sure he finished?

How do you watch live races, more importantly how do you search for a rider in Zwift simulator?
Lost internet - been playing up all day here. BT came and saved me from humiliation and I got kicked out after 14 miles

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Whorty, it will be interesting to see Kipster's results, because he has the Wahoo snap. This is a tyre driven trainer with the advantage of a power meter built in. Given that variable tyre pressure has huge influence on power with the Bkool, i wonder if the snap does the same?

uclown2002

Guru
Came mid pack. With a 3.2w/kg. I can't see Whorty's result, I'm not sure he finished?

How do you watch live races, more importantly how do you search for a rider in Zwift simulator?
Cancel/skip ant+ screen al log in; then 'ride with a 'friend' taking part in race. In a few seconds he/she will come bombing past so click on their name on right hand side.

Whorty

Yes just checked results I'm 20th if you disregard the rides over the limit.
http://www.zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=4996
An increase in FTP to 248 watts and for 20 minutes 249 watts with 3.16 w/kg a great nights work.
@Whorty can't see your results
Going to celebrate with a couple of cold guinness^_^ :popcorn:
No, that's twice now that my ride has not made it to the league website. Tonight i lost connection so maybe DNF don't get to the league?

My Sunday ride it gave me an FTP of 289 Watts .... ha ha, clearly ballox as I'm more like 170 Watts on Zwift for a flat course, possibly a bit more on the hills. Yep, my power readings are all over the place

At the start of the race tonight I shot out the blocks and ended up 4th doing close on 500 watts :banghead: Seems if you can maintain cadence the power stays, but as soon as you lose pedal strokes the power drops right off. I have 2 months before the DD to get some power and longevity into y legs so I can stay with TB and Randy. Don't want to be dropped on the first climb :cry:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Team Poland coffee ride tomorrow at 6.35 pm any one up for it 2.2-2.5 w/kg although bob did this last week and said it was some what frantic apparently, sounds ideal ^_^

I am definetly up for it if I feel better and get back from work on time. Faster guys should definitely stay with the lead group.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Whorty, you need multi hour steady rides if you can fit them in. This will give you the endurance to ride around zone 2 heart rate. Raise your cadence to 95rpm, it really helps in keeping the fatigue from the legs as the hours rack up.

bobinski

Legendary Member
How was you on the pac ride?

I could have ridden much faster. Keep slowing to sub 1w/k otherwise I would pull away too far. Sped up on box hill, then again after came out the tube.but couldn't get my heart rate up anywhere near max yet wheezing and struggling to breathe. Legs are fine- they just want some oxygenated blood. Watopia tomorrow and I hope they go up the mountain. If not I might do a run up there anyway.

Breedon

Legendary Member
No, that's twice now that my ride has not made it to the league website. Tonight i lost connection so maybe DNF don't get to the league?

My Sunday ride it gave me an FTP of 289 Watts .... ha ha, clearly ballox as I'm more like 170 Watts on Zwift for a flat course, possibly a bit more on the hills. Yep, my power readings are all over the place

At the start of the race tonight I shot out the blocks and ended up 4th doing close on 500 watts :banghead: Seems if you can maintain cadence the power stays, but as soon as you lose pedal strokes the power drops right off. I have 2 months before the DD to get some power and longevity into y legs so I can stay with TB and Randy. Don't want to be dropped on the first climb :cry:
Christ 500 watts:eek: i had ftp tonight of 248 i think the zwift gods are smiling on you^_^, think your right about the dnf there was a lot i think that didn't make the full course over 100 started only about 80 on the final table standings.
My wife keeps reminding me that DD is not far away:angry: im SO under prepared :laugh:

Top Bottom