Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
@JLaw . @bobinski I signed up for the ZTR (C) ride which starts about 6-30 UK time. I think the KISS is much later UK time so not ideal for me. 78 ish people already signed up for this race, with each category doing different laps of the course. Could be interesting. If I don't get the power boost from Zwift I got the other day I could be in trouble as a C rider, as I think I'm really a D, but I fancy 6 laps anyway so hey ho :tongue: Just need to try and hang on to the fast boys for a bit as they come past and get a nice draft :biggrin:

If there pacing around at 2.5 w/kg and you get dropped expect to do around 4 w/kg to get back in, happened to me on Saturday lost signal at the start and of they went. Got dropped on box hill again had to do around 4w/kg learnt a lesson stay just a head of the lead then you have time ajust speed to stay in the group if you start to drop back.
That was the zsun social ride great fun.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
If there pacing around at 2.5 w/kg and you get dropped expect to do around 4 w/kg to get back in, happened to me on Saturday lost signal at the start and of they went. Got dropped on box hill again had to do around 4w/kg learnt a lesson stay just a head of the lead then you have time ajust speed to stay in the group if you start to drop back.
That was the zsun social ride great fun.
This is a race that seems to have all three cats (A, B, C, D) all starting at the same time but with each cat doing different number of laps (A=9, B=8, C=7, D=6 ... I think ... need to double check). So yeh, go hard, try to hold on to a group higher ranked than me to get some early draft and see if I can hold on to each group as they start to come past me :tongue: Sounds like it could be painful, but a bit of fun.

JLaw

Veteran
@JLaw . @bobinski I signed up for the ZTR (C) ride which starts about 6-30 UK time. I think the KISS is much later UK time so not ideal for me. 78 ish people already signed up for this race, with each category doing different laps of the course. Could be interesting. If I don't get the power boost from Zwift I got the other day I could be in trouble as a C rider, as I think I'm really a D, but I fancy 6 laps anyway so hey ho :tongue: Just need to try and hang on to the fast boys for a bit as they come past and get a nice draft :biggrin:
Given you've been consistently ahead of me in bkool, I'd suspect you'll be just fine in "C".

FWIW, I wonder if the "cyclechat" tag in our names is what kept us out of the results for the race we did on Sun.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
how do i join one of these events ? and how do i know what cat to join ?
just in case - not that i am a splitter or anything :whistle:

Berty you can join any event. Look at Zwift power website, all the races and group rides listed. Just pick one. Change your username by adding Zsun, pac, or kiss with the category A,B,C,D,E. When you log into Zwift simulator events are listed in the top right corner. Click on the event you want to join, you'll be taken to the start automatically. At this point just pedal to warm up like on Bsim. Then just try and hang on. If you're using a Bkool pro, you might find it quite easy, maybe. Some Bkools seems to perform oddly and give you a huge watts over read-sound familiar^_^

From my knowledge of your ability, choose B, or C. Unplug your bkool pro from power supply and reconnect to make new connection in Zwift. It should help it behave more normally

JLaw

Veteran
When you start zwift, on the right hand side of the screen should be "Upcoming Events". Scroll through, click on what you want to sign up. Alternately use zwiftlink to add yourself to an upcoming event. I prefer zwiftlink as I can sign up for events many hours in advance.

Once signed up, start riding in zwift. Shortly before the event, a button will appear in the lower left part of your screen asking if you want to join the event (IIRC it even has a timer). When you want to join, click it and you'll be taken to the holding area. You can continue to warm up in the holding area.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
thank you
might be tempted to come to the darkside :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Given you've been consistently ahead of me in bkool, I'd suspect you'll be just fine in "C".

FWIW, I wonder if the "cyclechat" tag in our names is what kept us out of the results for the race we did on Sun.
you think Zwift are intimidated by us? :laugh: I didn't put the three letters and the (cat) on my name, I only put ZHR so maybe that was why the other site couldn't find me, but then, I think I'd have been DQ'd anyway so no worries.

Top Bottom