Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
BigRingVR have some amazing videos, the quality is second to none and you feel like you are there smack-bang in the middle of it all, the scenery the hills the bends and mountains are so realistic. The climbs are brutal though, I've only managed a couple of full rides, I really need to change my cassette to a granny gear before I get up most of them and I'm usually not too shabby at climbing. The other one I really like is FulGaz, the footage they use is recorded by cyclists riding the routes so you get a good cyclists eye view throughout the ride, the variety of rides is a bit more user friendly that BRVR in the fact that you can choose flat sections, rolling sections, mountainous sections, TDF, TDU the list goes on and on.
Had a look and it's quite interesting and worth a go until I realised it's for ios only :angry:

GGJ

Veteran
H...until I realised it's for ios only :angry:

You can find inexpensive iPhone 5s' for sale online and they'll run the software perfectly

JLaw

Veteran
The developers are on cyclechat from time to time responding to questions and they also respond on Strava discussions on big ring vr club page and you can email them/facebook as well so over time they will i think over take bkool as they will have some control over the quality of the videos and not the hundreds of duplicate ones that plague bkool.
Yes, I noticed. In fact, it was their response in one of the threads that really caught my eye. While bigringvr's routes are limited, you can add your own by dropping the video & gps track into a folder. No more downscaling, no more fighting file sizes for bkool's upload mechanism. Drag, drop & ride. There's a lot to be said for that.

JLaw

Veteran
No real plan today for the KISS C. Draft as much as possible, average around 255W, hold on to beat 34:00. I averaged 256W and clocked in at 32:56. Placed 14th of 41 qualified C riders. So overall happy. Felt that I let off the gas a bit over the last 2 miles, resulting in a little gap from my group that I didn't really make an effort to close. Had I known I was just 6 seconds off a top-10 finish of qualified riders I might have dug a little deeper over those last 2 miles.

Tomorrow KISS is the london loop. Just one lap, so C seems appropriate.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I was going to do the chain gang ride tonight but I have a dodgy tum and so will likely to the PAC sub 2 instead. Sorry Dean.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I was going to do the chain gang ride tonight but I have a dodgy tum and so will likely to the PAC sub 2 instead. Sorry Dean.
What time will that be Bob? I'm hoping to do a ride about 6 ish but not sure yet if just a fumble around the Zwift world or try another Cat D or C ride/race

bobinski

Legendary Member
What time will that be Bob? I'm hoping to do a ride about 6 ish but not sure yet if just a fumble around the Zwift world or try another Cat D or C ride/race

I would rather they went up box hill once but one cannot have everything^_^
7:00PM GMT

PAC SUB2 Ride (17.9 mi / 28.8 km)
london-1.jpg

DESCRIPTION
The Tuesday PAC SUB2 Ride is our easy beginner friendly ride aimed at Zwifters looking for a group ride experience at a more relaxed pace. This is not a fast pace group ride or race, the average pace will be the speed of the group, but at a maximum of 2w/kg.

The leader will set the pace so try to maintain their speed. If you are too far in front, reduce your speed and if you drop slightly behind increase your power as staying in the group draft is very important. If you go faster than the leader, we are not going to chase you! This is not a race.

Your jersey will be autoselected, add (PAC) after your name and please no TT bikes.

Facebook Group: Zwift - PAC
https://www.facebook.com/groups/850897308354073/

Discord Voice Chat:
https://discord.gg/cce7ers

JLaw

Veteran
Not 100% sure on your timezone, but today's KISS race might be in the right neighborhood time-wise.

http://www.zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=4801

London course today. Looks like just one short climb. Already nearly 30+ signed up for C. Barring emergencies at work, I'll be there.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@JLaw . @bobinski I signed up for the ZTR (C) ride which starts about 6-30 UK time. I think the KISS is much later UK time so not ideal for me. 78 ish people already signed up for this race, with each category doing different laps of the course. Could be interesting. If I don't get the power boost from Zwift I got the other day I could be in trouble as a C rider, as I think I'm really a D, but I fancy 6 laps anyway so hey ho :tongue: Just need to try and hang on to the fast boys for a bit as they come past and get a nice draft :biggrin:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
@Whorty and the 275W+ for most of the race. Best bet is start hard and try and pick a group as you drop back a little, which you can draft with, but best plan is to stay near to the front but not in the lead. Whilst in the pack early on it will give you a clue if it's a fast race or not.

Top Bottom