Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well that was interesting - I was pushing massive watts up the hill. Easily cruising at 350 watts :wacko: Hit a descent, then another hill and suddenly I can't get above 240 watts and that is a real struggle. Ironically don't get many issues on Bkool (apart from the deadstops) but on Zwift I'm a superhero :whistle: Sorry @JLaw even not pushing hard I was flying up that hill.

Edit : how do i see the race results. Not obvious in Zwift. Also, no idea where the finish was as no flag or anything. I assume I finished but not entirely sure!

Last edited:

JLaw

Veteran
Well that was interesting - I was pushing massive watts up the hill. Easily cruising at 350 watts :wacko: Hit a descent, then another hill and suddenly I can't get above 240 watts and that is a real struggle. Ironically don't get many issues on Bkool (apart from the deadstops) but on Zwift I'm a superhero :whistle: Sorry @JLaw even not pushing hard I was flying up that hill.
No worries, figured you would drop me. I was trying to keep a more steady 225W for the climb. It was kind of nice to work together a bit to get away from the rest of the D riders. I wanted to pull more, but didn't want to push too hard and pop before the climb started. I did make an effort to lead into the manual turn as I was pretty sure of it's location.

Did you take the left turn after the end of the KoM and keep climbing? I hung out at the turn for a while to see if I could catch you on the way down if you did, but never saw you.

I suspect you were over w/kg, so probably C is better for you. I'm probably right on the line between C and D.

I really didn't like that format as once we finished the flat lap were dumped in with 2000+ other riders and no clue who was racing vs just tooling around.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Edit : how do i see the race results. Not obvious in Zwift. Also, no idea where the finish was as no flag or anything. I assume I finished but not entirely sure!

If its a scheduled race/ group rides look at Zwiftpower, the results will appear shortly. You can look at the live tab results to see your position you came before everything is confirmed. General rides and races you need to have strava to analyse your effort

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
The lead rider yesterday on the Base builder 71 miler averaged 180 W with an average HR 120. Wasn't even breaking sweat :ohmy: mine was 158bpm :laugh:

bobinski

Legendary Member
The lead rider yesterday on the Base builder 71 miler averaged 180 W with an average HR 120. Wasn't even breaking sweat :ohmy: mine was 158bpm :laugh:

Yep, and Stew is over 55y! He chats away on discord AND texts and works with the sweeps to bring anyone back who has been dropped and hardly breaks sweat. Awesome really. One of the things I like about ZWift.
He and Monica lead rides most days. There's a social tide tonight I will likely join. Been up most of night with youngest son who has a tummy bug and don't really have the energy for a hard ride. Though the watts will probably be high.

bobinski

Legendary Member

Whorty, was your pro turned off in between last time you used bsim and then Zwift? When I had a pro I moved straight from a bsim ride to Zwift and rode 400+ watts for ages and then got 1300w on a sprint :laugh: . After that got into habit of actually disconnecting power supply after riding in bsim then connecting AFTER Zwift started up and searching for devices. Pro still showed too high a power, on reflection 30-80 watts on flats but much more reliable and as gradient increased actually quite accurate.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
2 days off for me. Then back onto TR Long rides next weekend whether Zwift of outdoor. I find I can cope with 3 long rides on successive days and then rest a little works for enough stress. I need to add a speed session, now this is either going to be a TR HIT or Zwift race for an hour. Thursdays will be local TT in the next few weeks

Breedon

Legendary Member
Yep, and Stew is over 55y! He chats away on discord AND texts and works with the sweeps to bring anyone back who has been dropped and hardly breaks sweat. Awesome really. One of the things I like about ZWift.
He and Monica lead rides most days. There's a social tide tonight I will likely join. Been up most of night with youngest son who has a tummy bug and don't really have the energy for a hard ride. Though the watts will probably be high.

Is that the zsun at 7.10pm as im going to that so might see you in the mix, my neo is hooked up and ready to go ^_^

Last edited:

Whorty

Whorty, was your pro turned off in between last time you used bsim and then Zwift? When I had a pro I moved straight from a bsim ride to Zwift and rode 400+ watts for ages and then got 1300w on a sprint :laugh: . After that got into habit of actually disconnecting power supply after riding in bsim then connecting AFTER Zwift started up and searching for devices. Pro still showed too high a power, on reflection 30-80 watts on flats but much more reliable and as gradient increased actually quite accurate.
Always turn off when I finish. I did do 2 warm up laps prior to the race, and didn't turn off after those so maybe that had an impact.

What was strange though was after the first climb I backed off for the descent then that seemed to reset the turbo.

Must admit it was quite nice flying up the hill leaving everyone in my wake! Now I know what it feels like to be @AAAC 76C :tongue: well sans wine induced hangover :laugh:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Always turn off when I finish. I did do 2 warm up laps prior to the race, and didn't turn off after those so maybe that had an impact.

What was strange though was after the first climb I backed off for the descent then that seemed to reset the turbo.

Must admit it was quite nice flying up the hill leaving everyone in my wake! Now I know what it feels like to be @AAAC 76C :tongue: well sans wine induced hangover :laugh:

Bit worried you keep calling it a hill. It's a mountain that tops out at 16% ^_^
I did a Facebook Zwift riders search on bkool and some users have pros that are pretty accurate, some a little inaccurate and others units that are just all over the place. Everyone agrees great trainers but power estimation is just not reliable, probably down to their non standard implementation of BT and Ant Fec.
Ideal combo is a power meter and use the resistance of the unit. I have never accepted that it tops out at 9%. It's pretty darned good and a bugger to turn the pedals at 16%.

Whorty

Bit worried you keep calling it a hill. It's a mountain that tops out at 16% ^_^
I did a Facebook Zwift riders search on bkool and some users have pros that are pretty accurate, some a little inaccurate and others units that are just all over the place. Everyone agrees great trainers but power estimation is just not reliable, probably down to their non standard implementation of BT and Ant Fec.
Ideal combo is a power meter and use the resistance of the unit. I have never accepted that it tops out at 9%. It's pretty darned good and a bugger to turn the pedals at 16%.
It's a short hill compared to 2 hours up Mont Ventoux :tongue: Doesn't even compare to an hour and a bit up Alpe DuHuez. Next time on Zwift I'll have another go and see if the resistance is more realistic next time and make me work harder :boxing:

Top Bottom