Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru

bobinski

Legendary Member
I had to bail at 66km on my ride. I kept getting drop outs and falling off the peloton meaning sprints to get back on. After the 6th or 7th time I got off and checked connections and then carried on the ride on my own. Legs, especially calves, very sore and trying to work out why.
If weather not good for an irl ride tomorrow I will look for a short easy one on Zwift.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Quite enjoyed my Zsun 2 hours, average power up, I had heart rate on today, just to see. A few minutes before I finished I was struggling to hold onto pack and was last as we crested a long climb, got back on and finished with the leader, but much more would of seen blown away

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Bob the power figures mentioned to stay with the pack considring its a 70+ miles event are quite optimistic. Requirements were 180W on the flat and 2.5 W/Kg to climb. I had to constantly stay 220W and climb sometimes at well over 3+W/Kg I did quickly learn to get right to the front and slowly drift backwards whilst on climbs. I would of been out of the back door almost immediately if I had hung further back in the pack

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bob the power figures mentioned to stay with the pack considring its a 70+ miles event are quite optimistic. Requirements were 180W on the flat and 2.5 W/Kg to climb. I had to constantly stay 220W and climb sometimes at well over 3+W/Kg I did quickly learn to get right to the front and slowly drift backwards whilst on climbs. I would of been out of the back door almost immediately if I had hung further back in the pack

You were in the ride Andy? Are you c. Andy?
Yes, 200 plus for me too and 3w+ plus on the climbs. I also agree about hanging at the front or mid pack. Any further back and a drop in power can leave me adrift and struggling in no time. I have to watch slight drops and inclines too. The neo reacts quickly but probably accurately to changes at 100% and unless I watch power input I am overtaken and left very quickly.
Get on dischord on your phone. Good bit of banter going on- in between the deep breathing!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
You were in the ride Andy? Are you c. Andy?
Yes, 200 plus for me too and 3w+ plus on the climbs. I also agree about hanging at the front or mid pack. Any further back and a drop in power can leave me adrift and struggling in no time. I have to watch slight drops and inclines too. The neo reacts quickly but probably accurately to changes at 100% and unless I watch power input I am overtaken and left very quickly.
Get on dischord on your phone. Good bit of banter going on- in between the deep breathing!

Yes Im ........C Andy:hello:

I could probably hold conversation for about the first 10 mins after that :laugh: besides I have Merlin jet fan in the background, ask Tommy ^_^

bobinski

Legendary Member
Yes Im ........C Andy:hello:

I could probably hold conversation for about the first 10 mins after that :laugh: besides I have Merlin jet fan in the background, ask Tommy ^_^

It's always reassuring to hear someone struggling^_^ . It is now set up for push to talk and if you get sensitivity sorted it's pretty clear even with all fans going.
Annoying about connection drops. Heart and lungs good but to be honest legs would have struggled even in group after 50miles.

bobinski

Legendary Member
HID is working next saturday, so i can join you if you'r doing that next week

Dean, it shifts to Sunday next week for a full PRL which is 11 times up box hill and about 117 miles - on Mothers Day. That might be a lite difficult!

Chaingang on tuesday and coffee ride Thursday with the "it's not a race" Poles on Thursday are other options

How is the Neo?

Breedon

Legendary Member
Dean, it shifts to Sunday next week for a full PRL which is 11 times up box hill and about 117 miles - on Mothers Day. That might be a lite difficult!

Chaingang on tuesday and coffee ride Thursday with the "it's not a race" Poles on Thursday are other options

How is the Neo?
Haven't tried it yet going on it later I'll do the coffee ride on Thursday and look into the chaingang.
I think my heart rate monitor is knackered I'll try and change the battery but have noticed one of the connections has a brown discoloration.

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Just signed up to Zwift. Let's see if I ride more on BKool or Zwift, then I'll cancel the one I use the least.

Going to have a spin before the rugger today, so 3-30 ish. Looks like the Mountain is available so might have a pop at that.

Top Bottom