Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Balls I thought it started at 7 only got back just after 6 then I had to feed my son.
Let me know how it went bob
:angry:

Shame Dean.
Will link zp when up. It was no genteel coffee ride. No real leader. I went off with lead riders and we were 3.5+ for most if first lap. I share some of blame. Group fractured and at back a guy I had also encouraged to join the ride so I slowed sending out lots of messages encouraging others to do the same. Once we regrouped though with a lead group over a minute ahead we raised pace to average 200w so just shy of 3w/k for me. I and a couple of others then decided to chase down lead riders so lots of drafting to bridge the gap and we got closer but then began to box and Cox as we got within 2k of finish. I got done over^_^ main guy used me more to take lead. If I eased then so did he and group behind got closer. Think he knew them and in retrospect he was probably not worried about them but I was and pushed on and then he took me and I couldn't react quickly enough. 650w and 34mph not enough! I came 15th in what was not a race but certainly felt like one.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
It doesn't matter what the level the race title says, it seems to descend into all out race.
My own race last week was the same with 3W/kg+ for most of it until fatigue brought the pace to a more manageable 2.5-3
Good result Bob

I'm out tomorrow, shame weather isn't going to be as nice as it was today

bobinski

Legendary Member
It doesn't matter what the level the race title says, it seems to descend into all out race.
My own race last week was the same with 3W/kg+ for most of it until fatigue brought the pace to a more manageable 2.5-3
Good result Bob

I'm out tomorrow, shame weather isn't going to be as nice as it was today

Yep, i think the Zsun and Pac rides are better managed/led/have well developed groups that stick to the pace. Outside of those i agree its frantic until fatigue hits the lead group which may tempt me to stay with them in future knowing there is respite to come.

Glorious here in Londinium:sun:

Last edited:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Shame Dean.
Will link zp when up. It was no genteel coffee ride. No real leader. I went off with lead riders and we were 3.5+ for most if first lap. I share some of blame. Group fractured and at back a guy I had also encouraged to join the ride so I slowed sending out lots of messages encouraging others to do the same. Once we regrouped though with a lead group over a minute ahead we raised pace to average 200w so just shy of 3w/k for me. I and a couple of others then decided to chase down lead riders so lots of drafting to bridge the gap and we got closer but then began to box and Cox as we got within 2k of finish. I got done over^_^ main guy used me more to take lead. If I eased then so did he and group behind got closer. Think he knew them and in retrospect he was probably not worried about them but I was and pushed on and then he took me and I couldn't react quickly enough. 650w and 34mph not enough! I came 15th in what was not a race but certainly felt like one.
By the time I sat on the sofa it was 6.33 and thought plenty of time but no.
At least you had I good time will keep an eye out for the zsun rides hopefully there might be some in my range.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Last day of my Zwift trial today. So going to have another jaunt around Zwift-land. If any of you see me as you zoom past, give me a little wave. Zwift username probably shows something like Whorty (Cyclechat)

Whorty

Darn, I would have ridden with you Whorty but need an evenings rest. If Watopia is on the menu then do go up the mountain:whistle:
Went up the volcano twice ... is that the mountain? Confusing still to know where I am on the map, but I found the climb, got to the top then did it again (and another 1/2 then the wife said tea was ready so I didn't make it a 3rd time).

Strange thing though, on the Bkool Pro the resistance didn't seem to change with the gradients. The virtual speed dropped as the gradient increased, but I couldn't feel it any harder in the resistance. I could only increase resistance by changing up gear. Is this normal?

Last edited:

JLaw

Veteran
No, the volcano climb is a breeze. Figure ~10 minutes for that and you only get around 400ft vertical. The mountain goes up into the snow and you put on around 2200ft vertical. I clock in around an hour to get to the top of the mountain loop.

WRT your resistance, there's some option you twiddle to change how "realistic" the resistance should feel. I keep mine at 100% :-)

Whorty

No, the volcano climb is a breeze. Figure ~10 minutes for that and you only get around 400ft vertical. The mountain goes up into the snow and you put on around 2200ft vertical. I clock in around an hour to get to the top of the mountain loop.

WRT your resistance, there's some option you twiddle to change how "realistic" the resistance should feel. I keep mine at 100% :-)
I need to look at the resistance thing - maybe 'cos i was on the free trial I couldn't do that. I went up the volcano in 12 mins so 2 mins slower than you. watts were way lower than the Bkool climbs I do; in Bkool I climb at around 230 watts, but on Zwift I was on around 160-180, so at least 50 watts lower. But as no real resistance can't really tell which one is more like the real world.

As for the mountain, didn't see that on the ride - maps are a big confusing so would have to ride it a lot more to learn the courses. Still find it strange that you have to select the turnings as you're riding, although I do like the fact that there are loads of others riding so you never feel alone :hugs:

Still contemplating whether i should sign up to Zwift too, or just stick with BKool :wacko:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Whorty the maps are its weakest point. I think resistance issue is most likely the Bkool pro isn't fully functional. I was hoping LBH or boxers try out Zwift with their power meters also connected. The power numbers I experience are now the same I use on the road and trainer-road. So I can use training power numbers on the road for TT, sportives.

I too like the fact many riders are always around to either chase or be chased

JLaw

Veteran
I need to look at the resistance thing - maybe 'cos i was on the free trial I couldn't do that. I went up the volcano in 12 mins so 2 mins slower than you. watts were way lower than the Bkool climbs I do; in Bkool I climb at around 230 watts, but on Zwift I was on around 160-180, so at least 50 watts lower. But as no real resistance can't really tell which one is more like the real world.

As for the mountain, didn't see that on the ride - maps are a big confusing so would have to ride it a lot more to learn the courses. Still find it strange that you have to select the turnings as you're riding, although I do like the fact that there are loads of others riding so you never feel alone :hugs:

Still contemplating whether i should sign up to Zwift too, or just stick with BKool :wacko:
Well, you could always sign up for another trial, you just need to do so with another email address. WRT resistance, here's an article on it, which should show you how to change it:

http://zwiftblog.com/using-the-trainer-difficulty-setting-in-zwift/

I couldn't tell you the turns for getting to the mountain :-) When I'm heading up that way, I select it from the "Route" tab on the start screen. It's called "Mountain Route".

Didn't have time to plan out today's KISS race. Figured it was easier than the last one, so sticking "C" and expecting to be near the bottom was probably best. Not much to report, stayed with the lead pack up to the first climb, when I got dropped. Stayed with another pack until we hit 2nd climb and got dropped... However, I did learn there's an advantage to being near the back of the race -- you see more of the leaderboard times. Normally that'd be depressing (after all, if you're near the back, you're probably not high on the leader boards). *But* I happened to have the fastest time on the second sprint, which was a nice consolation prize as was another FTP update from zwift.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Anyone? :smile:

SATURDAY, MARCH 18TH
8:30AM GMT

ZSUN Base Builder Ride (74.1 mi / 119.2 km)
zsun.jpg

DESCRIPTION
The ZSUN Base Builder is a training event.

This endurance ride will last between 2 - 2.5 hours depending on the course.

Riders must be able to maintain 180 watts on the flats and hold 2.5/wkg on the climbs

Please follow the ride leader's instructions.

Join us on facebook groups: ZSUN

Our Discord voice service can be found

@ https://discord.gg/pj2WVqn

Please use Push to Talk to avoid echo feedback.
GROUPS

LAPS
Route: Watopia Figure 8

Breedon

Legendary Member
Anyone? :smile:

SATURDAY, MARCH 18TH
8:30AM GMT

ZSUN Base Builder Ride (74.1 mi / 119.2 km)
View attachment 342894
DESCRIPTION
The ZSUN Base Builder is a training event.

This endurance ride will last between 2 - 2.5 hours depending on the course.

Riders must be able to maintain 180 watts on the flats and hold 2.5/wkg on the climbs

Please follow the ride leader's instructions.

Join us on facebook groups: ZSUN

Our Discord voice service can be found

@ https://discord.gg/pj2WVqn

Please use Push to Talk to avoid echo feedback.
GROUPS

LAPS
Route: Watopia Figure 8
Bit early for me, im doing something similar at about 4pm 56 miles rekon I'll be spat out of the back at around mile 8^_^

If i am up and the family are then I'll join you if im not there im probably still fast asleep.

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
I've got two days left of my free trial, and I plan to be on tomorrow to get a reasonable length ride in, as I'm starting to suffer from not being able to get out for three weeks (separated shoulder). I've been able to get on zwift a couple of times this week for a half hour but that's it.

I'll be on from around 9.30am i hope if anyone wants to join. I'll try and setup a discord channel, be on for about 3 hours or so with a bit of luck, just exploring whichever course is running.

Edit: name in zwift is Simon Chambers.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bit early for me, im doing something similar at about 4pm 56 miles rekon I'll be spat out of the back at around mile 8^_^

If i am up and the family are then I'll join you if im not there im probably still fast asleep.

Ok.
I expect to be spat out too but need to get the miles in and easier and faster for me in a group.
Don't forget to set your alarm!

Top Bottom